Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put this in another section, but it looks a little more at home here.

Alright im just thinking about tuning my 1.9dci 120bhp meg, just wondering what things can be done?

i know the obvious ones:

filter
Exhaust
Re-map
Intercooler - 225 k-tec

but are there any larger turbos etc that are available or anything else?

cheers everyone,

Paul

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Paul - you seem to have done quite a bit of mods already - the problem with uprating the turbo is that you start to force air and fuel in at a rate faster than the engine can get rid of its exhaust gases. At which point the power output of the engine starts to decrease quite dramatically.:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I havent done those mods yet, just in the pipe lines after the bodywork is done, just wanted to know if there was a replacement turbo, as if i stick the ktec I/C on ile be able to turn up the boost and that would go so nicely with a big beast of a turbo, and my mates just gone and bought the rs dci 175bhp, so i want to out do him, i know people with exhaust pannel filter and re-maps are over the 150bhp mark but t-wud be nice to be pushing towards the 200bhp even if i get to 175bhp and more torque than my mates ile be happy

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
It would be a little way for you to go but you could give the derv doctor a call:

The Derv Doctor

Some impressive jobs in the gallery. He used to have a BMW 330cd - looks like he wussed out and got an M3 ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whats the crack with diesel Dump valves? are they a similar thing to those nasty N/A dump valves, ie, just a daft speaker under the bonnet, or are they actually a proper working dump valve, and if so, do they have any negative effects on the performance of the car?

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi there

the dump valve is a proper working one. don't know if there's any negative effect or not as we only had it on it's self for a day before gettting remap.

now running 143 bhp and 295Nm.

btw, the derv doctor couldn't do the remap. it keep crashing out. we got the dump valve from him, though. he did say the other day that he's got new codes for the 1.9dci, but we got it done back up here in glasgow, with a rolling road thrown in.

hth

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi there

sorry, i meant we got the dump valve on the friday and then got the remap on the sunday (only on it's own for a day).

both seem to be working very well. mpg is up to 45mpg on the motorway (40mpg before mods).:)

re the sound. brings a smile to your face every time!!!!:d bit strange reverse parking on a hill, though. sounds like it has a severe case of flatulence!:eek: :rofl:

regards

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
hi there

sorry, i meant we got the dump valve on the friday and then got the remap on the sunday (only on it's own for a day).

both seem to be working very well. mpg is up to 45mpg on the motorway (40mpg before mods).:)

re the sound. brings a smile to your face every time!!!!:d bit strange reverse parking on a hill, though. sounds like it has a severe case of flatulence!:eek: :rofl:

regards
You were getting 40 on the motorway? I get 45 @ 80mph...? Touches 50 on ultimate diesel - what would a tune bring? :d

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
was going to say like, mines standard and i usually get 47mpg lowest, combined motorway and city driving, and i drive like a loon, and this morning averaged 53mpg down the motorway driving @ 90mph, had it up to 60mpg but that was sticking to the speed limits and driving it like a granny

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
was going to say like, mines standard and i usually get 47mpg lowest, combined motorway and city driving, and i drive like a loon, and this morning averaged 53mpg down the motorway driving @ 90mph, had it up to 60mpg but that was sticking to the speed limits and driving it like a granny
Yeah 40 on the mway sounds low!

:confused:

J

·
0 Posts
Put this in another section, but it looks a little more at home here.

Alright im just thinking about tuning my 1.9dci 120bhp meg, just wondering what things can be done?

i know the obvious ones:

filter
Exhaust
Re-map
Intercooler - 225 k-tec

but are there any larger turbos etc that are available or anything else?

cheers everyone,

Paul
Digital Tuning Box????

1 - 16 of 16 Posts