Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Kers and the fds thing, works for some--some of the time-- and not for others I say get shot of both.
Another day at the office for Red Bull but beware of espionage and cuckoos in the pit stop with cameras.
Good effort nikko

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The racing is more exciting this season than it has been for years...some of that is definitely down to kers and drs. It's still early days for the drs, but i would expect the teams and the FIA to get to grips with it better as the season goes on.

Don't worry, I don't think that anyone is going to knock Red Bull off the top spot just yet, despite their inability to produce a kers that works reliably

·
Premium Member
2,544 Posts
I find it amazing that whilst travelling at up to 200mph the drivers have time to operate all this electronic gadgetry in the first place.

F1 was more exciting when the cars had an engine, gearbox, four wheels and winning was down to the skill of the driver.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It still is the skill of the driver, these systems aren't really a push to pass, they still have to work at it, although it does make it a little easier to pass the slower cars rather than getting stuck behind until the next round of pit stops. I must admit tho, cars relying on mechanical grip, rather than Aerodynamics are more fun to watch

The reaction speed of an F1 driver are nothing short of phenomenal...Schumacher would talk on the radio through every corner whilst on his qualifying lap

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
I have to agree with Pat, this season has been great so far. Considering it looks like RB and Vettel are going to walk it, it is still quite close racing and the championship.

The DRS I haven't really seen being used effectively yet but then again, It shows when passing slower cars but tbh imo not too much when passing faster cars. I guess that is good as it doesn't give them too much of an advantage and makes the drivers still work hard at getting the car in the right position in the first place. I know they have said they are not running the DRS in Monaco too due to the track.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I'm not convinced about the DRS,I especially hate the way that the rear wing is doing allsorts of things in qualifying.In the race,OK it does make a difference on certain tracks,but others it makes little or no difference.

The KERS,well that has worked the second time around for me.The only thing that is against it at the moment is the fact that the Red Bull system is sh1te,and once they get it sorted out it could just cancel everything out as all the top teams will have it.

I guess there will be a boost adjuster for the turbo engines when they come back?.That could be the real winner,if it's up to the driver when to up the boost and when to back it off there could be allsorts of fun.If they use it too much they will have to back off to save fuel,if they save it all until late in the race then we could really see some real fireworks.Together with the tyres,the turbos could provide some great racing.

So far for me...

Tyres.....a great success

DRS....mmmm,not sure

KERS....yep (for now),but I still don't understand how it works.:eek:

Bring on the turbos....although they are probably going to sound cr4p.:(

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
So far for me...

DRS....mmmm,not sure

I agree with most of that, although the Turbo cars of the 70/80s sounded ok. Add to that the ability to tune the exhaust to alter the engine note it may not have too much of an ill effect.

And there will be one in the new Williams/Jag car thingy!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We'll have to wait and see how the turbo's work out.....fuel flow limiters and a restricted max fuel load, could make it interesting although perhaps a little less entertaining for the petrol heads amongst us

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I too think they have enough to do already and for me the change of tyres has made a big difference. More race excellence from Red Bull today and plenty of MS bullying on track not just by him either so much for 'mates' then (yet again)
The best race so far for me and had to laugh about team radio in italian was it? being decoded by others.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not convinced about the DRS,I especially hate the way that the rear wing is doing allsorts of things in qualifying.In the race,OK it does make a difference on certain tracks,but others it makes little or no difference.

The KERS,well that has worked the second time around for me.The only thing that is against it at the moment is the fact that the Red Bull system is sh1te,and once they get it sorted out it could just cancel everything out as all the top teams will have it.

I guess there will be a boost adjuster for the turbo engines when they come back?.That could be the real winner,if it's up to the driver when to up the boost and when to back it off there could be allsorts of fun.If they use it too much they will have to back off to save fuel,if they save it all until late in the race then we could really see some real fireworks.Together with the tyres,the turbos could provide some great racing.

So far for me...

DRS....mmmm,not sure

Better not mention turbos when Jason Plato is around!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The RB7 gets victory in practice but by no means a dead cert this weekend I think.
McLaren and Ferrari way off beat.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The gimmicks are playing up again but tyres and reliability will be key tomorrow
Business as usual at Red Bull.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Gimmicks not reliable but Seb made sure the Bulls gave the Spaniards some of their own medicine, McLaren? toyed with by Red Bull.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think you might need to adjust your rose tinted specs (or have you borrowed Wenger's contacts?)
I would have responded earlier but it is the Sunday in the month when we go chimney spotting.
Now,I have looked through all my motor sport data and cannot see any one named Wenger but perhaps you can advise him to go to Specsavers?
As ever always glad to help.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Red Bulls looked distinctly venerable today IMO …. And I still think that’s there’s something dodgy about that front wing

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Red Bulls looked distinctly venerable today IMO …. And I still think that’s there’s something dodgy about that front wing
Can I refer you all to post 11.

And venerable they were indeed as ever but, poor Mark--
bad luck or no luck also Ferrari my 2nd string who need a new no 2 to keep Fernando on his toes,maybe that applies to others as well.
I repeat Seb played with Lewis and --dont believe all on team radios, as with the pit lane antics then.

Oh and blinds belong against windows not on the back of F1 cars and the kers well, that belongs in battery operated toys---Gimmicks, and unreliable ones at that.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:rofl: :rofl: whatever
It appears there are still doubting Thomas's out there.
No comments can shake the faith however amusing they are and, as I recall,it's been the same for the last couple of seasons.
You are in denial get help,better still make your predictions and let all see them.
Shortcirkit's are like Brucie's price--always right.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts