Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I was wondering if there is any posibility to upgrade lets say camshaft of f4r 2.0 16v engine 135 to be able to output 180 at least ( as i saw on this type of engine used on RS)?

Is enough to change camshaft only? Need ECU re-mapping?
Need to change injectors?

If anyone did those type of modifications please let us know.

thank you in advance

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Hi Dan,

There's no way you're going to get a gain of 45BHP off a cam mod in my opinion, 15BHP is probably pushing it and it's not the cheapest route to take either considering the gains you'll see - it's something you should probably consider along with a number of other mods if you're trying to get absolutely every single available HP out of your engine, but certainly not before a custom remap or tuning box is fitted -it's up to you though.

Then you could probably look at fitting a turbo or hybrid if you already have one fitted, uprate your injectors, fit a boost valve, maybe a new exhaust, K&N panel filter or induction kit - this should see you well on your way to 180BHP, probably even more. :) Get rid of any excess weight - this is the cheapest and best mod available!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking at those normally aspirated engine like rs 180hp and rs 200hp from clio and thats why i was thinking that is possible to be pretty close to gain that power if change also some engine parts including ECU. I already had a discussion with some tuning shop that said i can gain 13hp from ECU re-mapping, but i ant more :)

Type of engine is same as mine F4R so i am still thinkin' about something nice....

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Ah right, that's terrible though 13BHP - shop around on that and check out if dragon do anything for the F4R.

It's an expensive road, but you'd probably need a new throttle body, forged pistons, the cam shaft as you said plus the remap to suit - aint gonna be cheap. The engines should be fairly similar I guess, you can unlock whatever the ECU is crippling and then look at the rest. :)

Good luck with it all anyway, sounds like fun. :) ..now I think I'm sure I've seen these at over 200BHP - I'll see what I can dig up.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the link, but i supose i cant use just camshafts.
I think i need also pistons, rods, ecu and finnaly also new clutch. But the rs new engine is cool at almost 3000 euros.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
It says an otherwise standard block but can't find the true definition of that, assuming there will already be differences between that and yours anyway, so back to square one I guess. :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts