Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i have two probs that i think are unconnected 1)The internal fan only works on the fastest setting no fuse seems to have blown,switch seems ok but nothing on the slower settings someone at work suggested the resistor pack? 2)cooling fans dont seem to cut in when the car is hot if you stick a hand up and waggle wires they cut in but i cant see a way in to check for loose connections is it hard to get at the fans to check the connections

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Hi chas. Have a look here as there are some fixes for Laguna and Scenic's although I would imagine they would be similar if not the same for an Espace. Worth a try:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
tony12661

hi
had the same problem with the heater fan on 1995 espace and it was the resistor pack, also have a problem with cooling fan not working needed to check wireing plug on backof fan but could not get to it without removing the bumper,so i removed the number plate and drilled a large hole in the bumper so as to get to the plug on the fan,when you put number plate back you cant see the hole,still didnt solve my cooling fan problem

good luck
tony

1 - 4 of 4 Posts