Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

in january this year, my beloved dci clio met a snowy end and was written off in an accident. i've been looking to replace it and picked up a 2.0l D4D corolla T3 116bhp. full dealer history and 70k miles. totally different to the clio, of which i will have fond memories.

so just wanted to thank all of the members (especially my fellow irish mucker madnoel10 :d )who've helped me with various issues over the years, and say farewell to those i met on various meets. it has been great.

pics of former glory

new motor

cheers

j

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Nice looking car but doesn't have the sleek look of the Clio in my opinion but hey good luck with it anyways.
I considered the same car but when I read about the potential engine probs I decided the Honda was likely to be much less bother. Still got my old faithful 1994 Clio diesel though.

Happy motoring:)

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice looking car but doesn't have the sleek look of the Clio in my opinion but hey good luck with it anyways.
I considered the same car but when I read about the potential engine probs I decided the Honda was likely to be much less bother. Still got my old faithful 1994 Clio diesel though.

Happy motoring:)
cheers noel. i wasnt aware of any major engine issues with these. care to share? :d

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Dual mass flywheels were a problem on diesel engined Rav4s, if its the same engine, same potential problems.

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=74099

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=53378

Type dual mass flywheel toyota into any search engine for an explanation.

On the upside I drive an 11 year old Avensis which has never given me any problems.

P.S. Don't leave the forum, we sold our Scenic years ago, you may still be able to contribute, or enjoy other threads on here.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got the car in at toyota today to change the oil and oil filter (both supplied by me) and it came to...... £39! ( including an extra 1L of mobil fully syn 5w30 oil (£11) as i had only brought 5L and it neded nearly 6. thought that was preety good tbh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts