Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I have a 2015 Kangoo Maxi. At 66000ks the turbo failed. I dropped the sump also to check the suction for the pump and it was clean. I removed the pump and found the pressure relief valve was stuck open. I know this was the reason for the turbo failing but I never had a engine oil light come on. I do more looking at the engine oil light and found I was getting power down to the switch but the light would not come on. The red oil light will come on with all light on startup but all lights go off after 10 seconds. I have wired in my own light using Renault's switch and it is working 100% it would be interesting if you had a chance to see is your light works with the switch removed and plug the oil port and hold the switch to the engine block and see if the red Oil light comes on.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,456 Posts
Indicative of how poor the Oil Pressure Warning Switch is on many if not all cars.
If the light comes on, the pressure is often low enough that major damage is already occurring.
In your case, the relief valve may have been stuck open but with enough pressure still in system to hold the switch open.... but not feed the turbo.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts