Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there every one this is my first thread please be gentle.
i have a 2002 laguna dci priviledge and the talking computer is getting on my wick saying the side lights are faulty,but on investigation all lights seem to be working fine including number plate light,is ther anyone out there that could shed a light on the situation
many thanks bramthan

·
Registered
85 Posts
You have a poor contact someplace I guess.
If the message suddenly stops appearing you have to inspect the waterproof insulation at backpanels of the lights.

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
This is probably totally irrelevant, but on my Alfa all the exterior lightings are controlled through the rev counter. There's a tell-tail light in the rev counter which light when a bulb is blown. However, it sometimes tells you a bulb is blown when it isn't. It could be a faulty earth on the lighting (it the rears on the Alfa) or even a bulb that is about to blow (lower resistance?). If it is none of these, then its a faulty rev counter (its just a chip that needs replacing but they are virtually non-existant). If the rev counter is faulty, there is normally a giveaway sign by one of the rear tail lights staying on very faintly even with the ignition off (the lights don't work on the Alfa without the ignition on).

Like I said, probably totally irrelevant but thats how it is with the Alfa.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts