Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys we haven't been very active on here in a while and have recently been thinking up a new idea. With the difficulty in diagnosing electrical problems does anyone think it would be beneficial to offer a service where renaultforums.co.uk users can come to our premises and try any of our parts to see if it resolves their problem.

It would be no obligation and no fee and really aimed at smaller parts such as sensors, ECU's and easy to fit parts. As we all know how costly it gets buying parts that are non returnable for trial and error repairs.

Feedback appreciated.:d

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Yes me too, even 'proper' garages seem to work by trial & error, and expect the customer to pay for new parts which weren't needed.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,147 Posts
Its a good idea but of course only members within your locality can take up this offer. Have you a dedicated area you can provide where owners can work on their cars safely whilst fitting these parts?

·
Administrator
17,106 Posts
Great concept.

It might be an idea if you could also have some form of compatible code reader that could accurately diagnose the fault, and clear the code once the malfunctioning part has been replaced, as these don't always clear when a part has been swapped.

That might in itself drive a sale, as your part is confirmed as working correctly.

HTH,

Paul

·
Stockport Platinum
3,899 Posts
Nice thinking their paul :cool: but if this idea was to go ahead i think those that have these parts fitted post on here to let other members know how their cars etc have faired since fitting the parts whether it's good or bad so it would kinda be a progress thread and of course josh would also be able to see how things are turning out so he'll have feed back and will be able to act on the information as a reference for existing and future customers ..

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Great concept.

It might be an idea if you could also have some form of compatible code reader that could accurately diagnose the fault, and clear the code once the malfunctioning part has been replaced, as these don't always clear when a part has been swapped.

That might in itself drive a sale, as your part is confirmed as working correctly.

HTH,

Paul
This is whats needed a code reader that works with renault. I hope that you can make the parts thing work it will help a lot of people.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,390 Posts
great idea there are some draw backs but in all it should work
another good idea as to code reader that would take some setting up a wireless gismo you send for a small fee that plugs into an obd socket of a car links to the persons computer then the reader at the other end reads any faults /codes for them
Ron

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not even living in the country but I think it is a very fair offer to those who can avail of it. Further on from that, given some of the shall we say 'epic' fault finding journeys I have read on here, it might be well worth a few hours drive to plug and see prior to purchasing. Great idea hope it helps a few members out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts