Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a megane dynamique convertable 2002 about 2 months ago. The dealer told me he had the lamda sensor replaced for the mot.driving home the engine management light came on and stayed on so I rang the dealers mechanic. He said the sensor on the exhaust probably hadnt been connected properlyso to bring it back when I could but if it seemed ok I could still drive it. I havent had time to take it back as its quite a long way and I dont get many days off. Tonight when overtaking there was a definate loss of power and it happened several more times. It actually felt like the handbrake being put on and off! Coukd this be the lambda sensor? If so, how much roughly to fix? Thanks guys x

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,647 Posts
Was the dealer's mechanic going to check/fix it for free? (as you hadn't long bought it). I think you might have shot yourself in the foot by not making the effort to get the car back sooner. Any replacement parts/labour needed you'll probably have to pay for yourself now (unless you got a good warranty with it). :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts