Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
F1 is the last bastion of male dominance, and long may it stay that way :devil: ;) :d

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Oh I don't know......apparently Giovanna Amati found a few ways to entertain some of her mechanics!.:eek:

Sorry,I should add ALLEGEDLY to that statement.:d

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Oh I don't know......apparently Giovanna Amati found a few ways to entertain some of her mechanics!.:eek:

Sorry,I should add ALLEGEDLY to that statement.:d
Hi was mosley one of them:rofl::rofl: iam not keep on it to be honest and iam far from being male chauvanist

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
I think the main reason for very few females in any form of motor sport is down to economics and lack of sponsorship. Learning to drive in racing is not cheap and until the female ratio of spectators changes the advertising market will be targeted primarily at males.:)

P

·
0 Posts
OK, so your saying that women don't use Cars, Banks, Airlines, PC's, Telecomunications, Soft Drinks, MP3 players or Toy shops then:confused:

Even Beer, Whiskey and Phillips Shavers could be argued to have a female audience.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
OK, so your saying that women don't use Cars, Banks, Airlines, PC's, Telecomunications, Soft Drinks, MP3 players or Toy shops then:confused:

Even Beer, Whiskey and Phillips Shavers could be argued to have a female audience.
I see your point Pat but I don't see womens fashion clothing, make-up, underwear, tights ,etc advertising. Although I can remember a Rosemary Smith who was a rally driver some years ago being sponsered by one of the tights manufacturers. I doubt Schumaker and the like would have a Wonderbra logo on their racing overalls:rofl:
Sadly motor sport has been seen as mens sport for a long time as do many other sports such as horse racing, rugby, and even football to some extent. Maybe on the other hand females don't tend to have the same degree of spatial skills - but in my expereice they can multi-task much better than males like my other half who can watch Corrie whilst doing her knitting and taliking on the phone all at once - so she claims:rofl:

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Wouldn't that cause a problem with pit-stops? Haven't you seen how long it takes them to move away from the petrol pumps........check hair, check make-up, change shoes ;)

Cue female backlash......

P

·
0 Posts
I see your point Pat but I don't see womens fashion clothing, make-up, underwear, tights ,etc advertising. Although I can remember a Rosemary Smith who was a rally driver some years ago being sponsered by one of the tights manufacturers. I doubt Schumaker and the like would have a Wonderbra logo on their racing overalls:rofl:
Sadly motor sport has been seen as mens sport for a long time as do many other sports such as horse racing, rugby, and even football to some extent. Maybe on the other hand females don't tend to have the same degree of spatial skills - but in my expereice they can multi-task much better than males like my other half who can watch Corrie whilst doing her knitting and taliking on the phone all at once - so she claims:rofl:

Actually, the really funny ones could apply to the mechanics at the pit stops:)

I always thought it would be great to have MacDonalds as an F1 sponsor. 16 Ronald MacDonald’s as the crew and Hamburglar on the lollipop appeals to my rather warped sense of humour :d

P

·
0 Posts
Wouldn't that cause a problem with pit-stops? Haven't you seen how long it takes them to move away from the petrol pumps........check hair, check make-up, change shoes ;)

Cue female backlash......
:rofl: :rofl:

They aren't allowed out of the cars in pit stops, so shoes are out. No rear-view or sun-visor mirror for the hair/makeup.

Actually come to think about it, the fireproof balaclava would leave them in such a state that they wouldn't dare take it off in public :d

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The way some of the drivers have been acting up over the last couple of seasons, I thought we already had a number of women drivers :d

1 - 20 of 21 Posts