Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.

I have just bought a used Scenic Alize 1.6. I am a single mum with 3 precious wee ones on board and really need some advice re my brakes.

Excuse the 'girl speak' but sometimes when I am braking the brakes feel a bit wobbly, like perhaps the car is breaking unevenly???? It only happens sometimes though. I'd say generally its when I am braking to actually stop and/or come down to 1st gear, as opposed to generally slowing down or coming down the other gears. And it's always just as the car is about to literally stop, it's almost like there's a wee wiggle gone on somewhere (sorry, can't explain it any other way!)

The brake pads were replaced at the start of this year, and there are no concerning noises coming from anywhere.

Can anyone shed any light????? I need to know whether there is a problem or not, and whether my wee ones are safe on board. The car always stops when I want it too, so the brakes are doing their job, but it's just that wobbling sensation I feel through the pedals that's making me worried.

Many thanks.

P

·
0 Posts
Hi...welcome to the forum :)

You may have a warped disc which isn't too big a concern in itself...but as brakes are one of the most important things on a car when it comes to the safety of your family I'd get it checked out by a pro....

A good independent garage will be much cheaper that a main dealer :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts