Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watched a bit of the remake of the British classic film " Get Carter " the other night, Starring With Sylvester Stallone, Miranda Richardson, Rachael Leigh .

Jeez was it dire compared to the original, Starring Michael Caine, Ian Hendry, Britt Ekland.

A travesty really over the original, Could only bear to watch 20 mins it was that bad.:(

Should they really be allowed to remake classic films in this manner:mad:

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
Should leave classic films like that as they are and not remake them, just to try and appeal to a young audience, was the same with the Italian Job, as to Sylvester Stallone in my opinion he is like Kevin Costner a very wooden actor, just say the words with no feeling,the worst culprit is The Rock, bad very bad.

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
If it ain't broke don't fix it springs to mind. Is it me or are there no good film writers anymore - they just seem to want to rehash someones elses work.:)

Every time I watch a new movie nowadays I compare it to the "Shawshank Redemption" and to be honest very few if any can match up to it.:)

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Should leave classic films like that as they are and not remake them, just to try and appeal to a young audience, was the same with the Italian Job
the italian job
1960s version - set in the beautiful Italian city of Turin

200?s version - set in the not so beautiful american city of Los Ageles

down to 'the job'

1960s version - a group of men decide to knock off an italian back

200?s version - a group of people reclaim their money

down to 'the'

so it really should have been renamed 'THE'

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
the italian job
1960s version - set in the beautiful Italian city of Turin

200?s version - set in the not so beautiful american city of Los Ageles

down to 'the job'

1960s version - a group of men decide to knock off an italian back

200?s version - a group of people reclaim their money

down to 'the'

so it really should have been renamed 'THE'

Nicely put, How many people here knew that there should have been a sequel to the original but it got binned because the original wasn't a bit hit over there, typical. Yanks rule the world again.

Heres to you all the way over that very big pond:moonie: :rant:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts