Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while ago bought a grand espace 2.2dt yr 2000 to replace my Trans Sport as the family car, So far the odometer has gone from 155.000Klms to 723.000Klms, the airbag service light has come on, an after soldering the wires togeather it still stays on, an the thingy that calculates consumption stopped displaying.
the power winder on the passenger window decided to give up the ghost, several bulbs on the dash display have blown
the flimsy interior light switches stood up to my kids for less than 1 week, Oh, an the accelarator cable broke (wifes got a heavy right foot). I actually do like the car, not as confortable as the Trans Sport but not as thirsty either.

Now A friend of mine who runs a breakers yard has just recieved a Grand espace same model same year, even the same colour, Question is can I swap the ecu, dash and airbag module so's to rectify the faults that mine has or will I run into a load of problems.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi there Zep - wow, that's some mileage!

It might be an idea either to test all these components before fitting (or to) fit them one by one and test as you go - I presume the donor car is a non-runner, so you can't check these items before removal.

I don't envisage any major problems, you sound as if you know what your doing, so although it may not be easy - it shouldn't be fraught with obstacles either.

Best of luck, and post some pictures of the stages of the job if you can - I'm sure someone will find it of use to them.

Paul:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Today I talked to the renault garage (Its where the works vans are repaired an serviced) in a nut shell he told me that I could'nt swap the electronics from one car to another as they are coded to the cars vin number an if I tried it the car would'nt start as I'd have to change the ignition lock as well.
Anybody know any different.

VelSatisfied, the doner car was rear ended an written off

1 - 3 of 3 Posts