Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have managed to take out an injector from the above vehicle but would like to know if there are any pitfalls in putting a reconditioned one back in. (Many thanks to previous threads and members that helped with that ordeal,it was a pain!!!.) So do I need to get any seals or gaskets for the injector ?.Will it need to be paired with the ecu ? Thanks
Phil

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey there.
I would advise fitting a new copper washer with the Injector. These are not expensive and will guarentee a good seal between Injector and cylinder head.
Yes the Injector will have to be mated to ecu. There are numbers on top of Injector. Write all of these down as they appear on Injector. These are needed to configure ecu.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for that.....Will I be able to do that with a code reader or is this a job for a garage? My reader can erase codes but not sure about putting them in :(
It depends on the software and capability of your code reader. There are some computers that can configure ecu but more often than not Renault will prob have to do the job for you

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi all
I have fitted the injector and after running I get a code reading of P0202 ( Injector 2 )
Looking into the engine from the front I have already replaced the 3rd injector from the left,does this mean that no 2 is not functioning properly as well (whether its a bad connection or injector I am not sure) If injector 2 is from the right of the engine that would mean the new injector or wiring is at fault !!:crazy:
Regards

Phil

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Renault trafic 2008 (New Thread)

hi all
I have fitted the injector and after running I get a code reading of P0202 ( Injector 2 )
Looking into the engine from the front I have already replaced the 3rd injector from the left,does this mean that no 2 is not functioning properly as well (whether its a bad connection or injector I am not sure) If injector 2 is from the right of the engine that would mean the new injector or wiring is at fault !!
Also when driving the engine stalls then picks up again like the engine has been turned off then on (weird) on idle the engine runs fine..:confused:
Regards

Phil

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
Re: Renault trafic 2008 (New Thread)

Threads now merged.

As far as Renault are concerned the cylinders are numbered from the flywheel,so it sounds as though you have changed injector 2.To double check,disconnect the plug to another injector see which number the fault code comes up with,from there you will know 100%.

Before you replaced the injector,did the same code come up?.

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
Just to be clear,all Renault engines are numbered from the flywheel,1 being at the flywheel end and 4 being at the belt end.

Peugeot and Citroen are the same,it's a French thing.....:crazy:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just to be clear,all Renault engines are numbered from the flywheel,1 being at the flywheel end and 4 being at the belt end.

Peugeot and Citroen are the same,it's a French thing.....:crazy:

these engines are nissan engines and the injectors are numbered from left to right. french named van but a different engine. you need to be clear that your info is completly wrong and would end up costing someone a lot of money replacing the wrong injector. if you dont know what you are talking about then dont leave remarks for people to follow.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Obviously you have not read my posts on this site because you would see that what I have experienced and rectified is right.
Also you should get a proper diesel expert (as I did ) to repair and any injector faults as they have the proper equipment and know which way round french injectors are installed

·
Registered
3 Posts
If the van is fitted with the 2.0L M9R engine, which it will be at 2008 then this engine is designed by Nissan. (M9R engine started to be fitted in 2007)

Cylinder numbering on this engine is No.1 next to timing chain and No.4 Next to flywheel.

It doesn't matter whether this engine is fitted in the trafic, Vivaro or Primastar van they all follow the same numbering system.

(The above information is from Renault Dialogys)

More information on this engine is available on this site www.seized-injectors.com

Hope that helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.