Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have the converters and will need to put them on the headlamps as I go through the Tunnel on Saturday.

Trouble is, I have absolutely no idea which part of the headlamp area I put them on, as the casing is totally clear, thus no indication of where to place them.

Can anybody help please. I need to know by Friday night.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
6,369 Posts
Got more info on these converters?

If you dont get more resonses all I can suggest is.
Turn your dipped beam on ,about 20ft away from a white wall.
You will see each beam has a cut off point ,but then on the left hand side of each beam there is a triangle of light extending above this.
This is for rhd cars so the verge/kerb side is lit up.
Unfortunately driving on the right this will just glare oncoming traffic.

So move your convertor(s) around on the lens, before attaching to eliminate this triangle of light extending upward on the left on each beam.

You should end up with 2 dipped beams with a definite cut off point on the wall and no triangle of light extending above that which would glare oncoming continental traffic.

There may be youtube/online guides which put it better.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Coup. I understand what you are saying. I will give that a try tomorrow night when it is dark. That way I will get a reasonable idea for where they should go.
Then hopefully when in the train, I can fit them and hoepfully do a good job. :)

I have searched everywhere for info that is understandable, but to no avail.

·
Premium Member
6,369 Posts
If you are going to do it that way:
You might as well put them on tomorrow night at home , while you can see exactly what you are doing.

Afaik converters dont actually switch the "light the kerb" triangle from one side to the other, but just cut it off completely.
So switch tomorrow and you can drive in the UK with the same amount of light as some French person driving in the UK with converters, as you will have to in France etc .
Good practice?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
err It's illegal to drive in England with the converters on a UK car.

I have to go into Lincoln today to take my daughter in, so I will pop into Halfords where I bought them from and get them to show me the rough position, so I can do it on the tunnel train.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts