Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’ve seen a picture of a Kangoo with what looks like Laguna alloys on it. Would they be a straight fit to my Kangoo or would it throw my speedo etc right out? Mine has a 5 stud fitment like the picture. Also any idea on the wheel size?
Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
You would need to know Rim diameter (in inches), Rim width size (5.5J for example), Wheel offset, PCD ( no of studs/bolts and their spacing eg. 5x100) and the bore of the centre hole (usually in mm)

Tyre sizing can be played around with to get the correct rolling radius.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks for the info but all that goes right over my head :eek:
I was hoping for a yes bolt them on :LOL:

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
6Jx15 ET44 5x108 bore 60.1mm these are the original rim sizing.

So the wheels from a 2001-2007 should fit. The offset is slightly different though being ET50, rest of the specs are the same.

So you have a choice of between 15, 16 and 17 inch rims from those years.

I'll work out tyre size later, off to work.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
15" will still be 195/65/15

16" will be 205/55R16

17" will be 205/50R17

These are all standard Renault sizes for the rims which helps :)

As an extra note, the new offset (ET50) "may" require a 10 or 15 mm spacers as the wheel will effectively be 12.5mm closer to the suspension strut.
Easiest way is to try a wheel on the front and rear, but mainly the front, go from full lock to opposite lock and see if there are any clearance issues.
If your lucky, you'll get away without them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
15" will still be 195/65/15

16" will be 205/55R16

17" will be 205/50R17

These are all standard Renault sizes for the rims which helps :)

As an extra note, the new offset (ET50) "may" require a 10 or 15 mm spacers as the wheel will effectively be 12.5mm closer to the suspension strut.
Easiest way is to try a wheel on the front and rear, but mainly the front, go from full lock to opposite lock and see if there are any clearance issues.
If your lucky, you'll get away without them.
Thanks very much for your help, you’ve helped me out loads as I didn’t have a clue about any of that :LOL:
I’ll let you know if I need spacers and I’ll post some before and after pics (y)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts