Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a 'how to' to fit a stereo to a scenic preferebly with pictures, will I have to remove top of dash?
Have tried to do that before to fix clock lights and was unable to manage.

Many thanks in advance

G

·
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

You need 2 suitable size diameter pins / allen keys to insert into the 2 small holes either side of the stereo and then when the catches behind the stereo facia have been released pull the stereo from the dash board.

·
Diamond dismember
221 Posts
From what Google Images could tell me, it looks like the Scenic radio fascia has only the bottom two of those four holes. :confused:

If so, my gut feeling would be to do this:
1) Insert the removal pins until you feel them clicking into place
2) Bend them "outwards", as in apart from each other, i.e. bend the left side pin to the left, and the right side pin to the right
3) Keep the pins bent "outwards", and pull them out simultaneously

Hopefully, this should do the trick.
If fitting an aftermarket stereo, you'd need a fascia adaptor to make it look a bit neat.

Also, what make and model is the aftermarket stereo?
If it's a well-known make, and the model has support for it, there might be adaptors for the steering column remote stalk,
and perhaps even for the dash-top display.

Since the car is a 2002, am I right in assuming the factory head unit is the Tuner List model?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would like to fit an aftermarket aux in or ipod connector, which I am led to believe are able to be plugged in to the back of Renault stereos. Since I would be buying the gear from the UK I would like to check that I can do it before buying.

G

·
From what Google Images could tell me, it looks like the Scenic radio fascia has only the bottom two of those four holes. :confused:
Scenic and Megane stereos ony have 2 release tool holes on the dished facia front http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Tuner...S_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item27bca5f650

Since the car is a 2002, am I right in assuming the factory head unit is the Tuner List model?
Yes it will be either a casstte or single CD Tuner List stereo.

·
Diamond dismember
221 Posts
I would like to fit an aftermarket aux in or ipod connector, which I am led to believe are able to be plugged in to the back of Renault stereos.
Since I would be buying the gear from the UK I would like to check that I can do it before buying.
The Tuner List radio doesn't have aux in. It does have a CD changer port, and an adaptor from, say, Connects2 or Dension, can give you aux or iPod capabilities.
The Update List has aux input as well.

I removed the Tuner List from my Laguna, and fitted an aftermarket radio, resulting in far better sound quality.
iPod connectivity, Bluetooth hands free, and steering remote interface are only some of the possibilities out there,
and there are many good makes and models out there that will meet your needs.

·
Diamond dismember
221 Posts
I don't belive you can change a Tuner List for the Update List ?
The simple answer: No.

For the more complex answer, please read on…

The connectors for power/utility and speakers are the same - Both head units use bog standard ISO connectors for this.
The connector for the CD changer is the same, both physically (blue mini-ISO) and signal-wise.
The Update List does feature an analog auxiliary line in (green mini-iso), that the Tuner List doesn't

So far, so good, but here's the p***er:
The connector for the steering remote stalk and display is the same physical plug (yellow mini-ISO),
but the signaling protocol used for this interface is different.
The Tuner List uses a proprietary UART-based interface, while the Update List uses the vehicle's CAN bus for this purpose.

So, if you have a Tuner List headunit, and want an analog aux line input, get an aftermarket unit instead.
If you want to keep the steering remote functionality, most common brands offer models with a steering remote input,
so a Renault-to-<your aftermarket headunit manufacturer> adapter should do the trick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.