Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently purchased a P reg megane coupe which came with a standard tape player. i purchased a renault phillips cd player off ebay which stated that it was suitable for renault cars pre 99. im not sure if it is clear on the picture but the plugs are different on the cdplayer and the tape player. when my dad connected the cd player he said that there it didnt work so was wondering if any1 knows if i have 2 get a connect or whether ive bin 'had'??!!! PLEASE dnt make it 2 technical...i aint good at this kinda thing!!! BREAK-IT-DOWN!!! :crazy:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Renault and Philips produced quite a number of different model radio for their range of cars.
Quite often they are incompatible and I always advise replacement of the same model when possible or accept responsiblity for choosing another model.
The important factor appears to be the Vertical row of pins, as these are for the display and the stering remote.
The usual arrangement from the top is 3 pins - 2 empty - 2 pins.
I intended to insert a picture, but again have not succeeded in doing so.

Hope this may be of some help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i checked the cd player and it is 3pins-2 empty-2pins so guessin that the tape player isnt (cant check as the car is in blackpool and i am in birmingham!!!) if the tape player is different does this mean the cd player is incompatiable and will not work at all??? or could i buy a connection??? :steam:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts