Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 LWB Trafic. It is fitted with a Medianav screen (version 9.1.1).

I want to fit a reverse camera, which this unit can accept. Initially I contacted my local Renault dealer, they insisted it was not possible to fit a camera or turn on the camera system in the Medianav unit. They also refused to supply the missing bits (camera wiring loom etc).

A camera and wires are easy to obtain from online suppliers.

Re making the Medianav accept a camera. A trawl of the web shows people doing it by using downloaded programs on a USB stick. But, the ones I've found are all a bit vague.

Has anyone successfully completed this modification? If so where did you get the downloads and instructions?

Thanks Andy

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
6,986 Posts
Hi Andy

Not to put a downer on any of your plans, but your van is still under Manufacturers Warranty, the manufacturer who has already told you that it is not possible to fit what you want to the vehicle, now Renault have been known to void warranties if someone else has fitted a part to the van that they didnt or it shouldnt have been fitted, do you want it so badly that you are willing to throw away at least 2 years manufacturers warranty?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I take your point, but...

What I'm suggesting is copying an original equipment option by plugging a camera into a socket on the Medianav, fitting the camera on the 3rd brake light and getting someone to go into the Medianav settings and turn on the camera option. All reversible without so much as leaving a mark.

If the worst came to it I could just remove the camera and replace the original 3rd brake light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts