Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow it's been a while since I've popped in. Good to see some familiar names!

I'm hoping for some advice terrible shooting the ventilation fan on my 2016 Trafic. I remember the troubles on the older Trafic but I've not seen anything to read up on the newer model.

I've nothing on on any setting from 0-4. Fuses are ok. No Haynes manual yet for this model.

Any tips to trouble shoot?

Cheers,

Dave

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found a handy photo on eBay showing connection on rear. Think I'll find my way in and check it with a meter and report back.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,486 Posts
I've absolutely no idea about the problem but its good to see you on the forum again. Are you still with the ambulance service? When I saw bi-turbo in the title I was thinking you had gone and bought a Maserati. :cool:

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers RW for the welcome back. You can't get six bikes and six people in a Maserati!

I'm still with SAS. Tough few months but I'm off for 2 weeks and tackling the to do list.

Hope all well with you,

Dave

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I found the module which I couldn't test with all its electronics. The fan I couldn't get to spin though with 12v so I'm leaving towards fan knackered. Before I try and change the fan I'll put in a new module in.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Fixed!

Even better....fixed at no cost.

Symptoms- internal ventilation/heating/Aircon fan not working on any setting 0-4

Fix- Check Fuses. In my van the fan fuse is in glovebox fuse board, bottom right. Standard blade fuse size 40 amp (photo to follow). If that's ok next access the fan/blower control module. The module is accessed from the passenger side of the vehicle and located on the side of the central console in footwell area. It's best accessed by kneeling outside the vehicle. Remove the trim which is on plastic clips, no tools needed, to see it. Photo shows the module in place.

Remove the module by pressing on the clip on the left hand side and lifting the module which will then release.

The module has a circuit board and a heat sink that sits in the airflow. Unclip the wiring to release the module. Replacements are available in usual places.

In my case all I had to do was with the vehicle turned off reach into the square hole the module left and with my long fingers reach up. I could feel the fan blades.

It was stuck. It took hardly any pressure to get it to spin and it span freely without any felt roughness.

Once module reconnected and vehicle electrics powered up normal function returned. If normal function doesn't return I think I'd try a replacement module next.

Time will tell if there was a jam from debris in fan or if motor has a bad spot. I do find pine needles find their way from the air intakes beneath the windscreen into the van via the blower.

This can all be done without tools and is quicker than trying to work out if module broken, applying 12v to fan etc which is what I tried first!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts