Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've heard nothing but good things said about this.

It's a re-badged product from the States called Mr Clean Autodry. The main benefit being that the filtered water allows the car to dry without streaks.

Have to admit that I haven't used it, the local £5 hand job is too appealing :d

·
Premium Member
2,553 Posts
OG said:
the local £5 hand job is too appealing :d
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear... Surely this is just to good an opportunity to miss.

Pffff tssssk pppfffff pppft <demonstrates marvelous self control>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I find the local albanian hand job ( with interior polish ) quite soothing at £12.

They even make my rubber shine ;-)

As for the car wash thingy - this is the first time I seen it..

Excusing the obvious pun !!

Could this be just another flash in the pan ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just given myself a hand job today - a bit knackered now. Gave the rubber a quick squirt and a rub - looks great now...

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
I prefer the bucket of water and sponge, plus a silicon blade thingy to speed up the drying. In the winter, I will use a car wash for quickness and to save the skin on my hands. How many of us have the space and time to get out a hosepipe every time we have to wash our cars?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, some of us are a bit sad! :eek:

I spent 20 minutes on my hands and knees today just cleaning the alloys!

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
My Scenic has plastic wheeltrims over steel wheels. The Galaxy is the first car I have owned with alloys, and it takes an age to clean them properly, even using Wonder Wheels. I also seem to ruin a sponge every time I wash the wheels (I use 2 sponges to wash the car, one for the bodywork and glass, the other for the wheels).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I stopped washing the car by hand when my first son was old enough to want to help.........

He's 8 now - imagine the scene; sponge drops on floor, collects a quarry full of stones, slapped back onto car and rubbed with vigour :eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
selwonk said:
Well, some of us are a bit sad! :eek:

I spent 20 minutes on my hands and knees today just cleaning the alloys!
20 mins to do your alloys? That was very quick.

Takes me about 1 hour with the acid stuff and then I drive away and put more break dust and crap on the lovely clean wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
splatmud said:
20 mins to do your alloys? That was very quick.

Takes me about 1 hour with the acid stuff and then I drive away and put more break dust and crap on the lovely clean wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're sadder than me! :p

·
Premium Member
2,553 Posts
The bloke over the road from me gets out a garden knee mat and a toothbrush, yes, a toothbrush, and spends about 20 mins on each alloy on his Volvo V5 thingy.

·
Premium Member
2,553 Posts
OG said:
OMG, you're all making me so feel guilty.
Yes, I should think so - judging by your previous posts, it seems you'll have to get your local, ahem, 'hand job place' to work alot harder on each corner! ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
scen1c said:
Yes, I should think so - judging by your previous posts, it seems you'll have to get your local, ahem, 'hand job place' to work alot harder on each corner! ;)
Yes - they need to get down on their hands and give it some attention!

·
Premium Member
2,553 Posts
Anyways - I have actually got a flash car wash system thing. I've had it since the start of May and haven't used it yet (still using the traditional Auto Glym method) as I can't quite get it right in my head that I should use Flash to clean my car...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just noticed that I have gone from a junior member to a member - How rude -

Sorry back to the car wash thread..

I went into local 2.99 for the bronze wash BP garage type thing tonight.

I asked for my money back because it never washed the wheels and left the bird shite on the roof.

Got told to put my complaint in writing to mr BP garages ltd

Guess I should have not been so f-ing lazy but christ it's a mugs game..
:devil:

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
I've given up trying to keep the wheels clean, and just settle for the half-job that the roll-over car wash up the road does. Still, at 2 quid a go for their top wash (provided you buy fuel or something from the shop) it makes more sense than getting the bucket out. The car has 3 years and 80,000 miles worth of chips and dings in it, so I've given up on making it look good. Maybe when I get the new one...

But back to the wheels: These 17" Silverstones are a nightmare. Fourteen separate spokes by the time you get to the rim - it takes forever to get into all the nooks and crannies, even with a toothbrush. I've tried all sorts of things on them, but the only thing that was any good was some aerosol stuff from a cheapie shop in Caernarfon. I don't know what I did with it, and when I went back for more, they'd stopped selling it. It must have been pretty strong stuff, as the instructions said you had to wear gloves when applying it to avoid burning your skin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Laguna II Owner said:
I just noticed that I have gone from a junior member to a member - How rude -

Sorry back to the car wash thread..

I went into local 2.99 for the bronze wash BP garage type thing tonight.

I asked for my money back because it never washed the wheels and left the bird shite on the roof.

Got told to put my complaint in writing to mr BP garages ltd

Guess I should have not been so f-ing lazy but christ it's a mugs game..
:devil:
LOL - just noticed this one...

The reason your title has changed is due to an automatic promotion:

Junior Member = 0 posts
Member = 30 posts
Senior Member = 100 posts

Cheers!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts