Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, found this site and hope someone can help with a problem I have.

Yesterday my battery was flat, one of the kids had flicked the rear window light on and I did not notice it the day before so I had to jump start the Scenic. Started fine but the engine management light has started flashing. The car runs and drives fine. The light goes off as soon as you get over 1500 rpm but as soon as it drops down below 1500 rpm the light starts flashing again.

It is an auto but there are no problems with the gear box it changes up and down fine.

Checked all the leads this morning before I took it for a run so don’t know why I am getting this. It has never happened before. Car idles at about 500 rpm and there is no sluggishness when driving. The only other thing is the exhaust I think is blowing slightly under the car so I will get this checked out next week.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Mike.

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi Mike and welcome to Renault Forums, I'm sure one of the tech guys will be along to give you some advice later. :)
Regards Leroy

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Modern electrics are very sensitive to having a voltage drop/increase so I suspect it will just be a case of having the fault codes read at a good independant garage and then clearing them.99% of the time this will remedy the problem.

You could try disconnecting the battery and leaving it for a couple of hours,but I personally have had no success with the method in the past.:eek:

Good luck and let us know how you get on.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, Thanks for the information. Does anyone recommend somewhere in North London - I live in Holloway Islington - that can read the codes.

I know there is a Renault garage in Kentish Town but don’t want to pay dealership prices for reading the codes, as they will always rip you off.

Thanks Mike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts