Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First of all hi there ! just bought my first laguna, (Laguna 2.0i RXE 1997) and well first Renault yesterday, now this is probably a silly question but what is the flashing red light in the dash above the temp gauge ? am i right in assuming its an alarm indicator or immobilizer ? im just not sure which one :d

peace

Z

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi there and welcome.

Yes, its an immobiliser light - basically a visual deterrent to the prospective thief.

The light should not be illuminated once the engine is running.

All the best,

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Don't think they were available as an option on your particular model. I had a 2.2 RND which only had the immobiliser whereas my new Laguna has both immobiliser and alarm!

I have a flashing red light on the dash for the immobiliser and one on the centre console, in front of the hand brake, for the alarm. I would imagine if you only have the one light then there is no alarm.

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi there and welcome to Renault Forums, you should have an alarm fitted, it should set when you press the plip key to lock the doors. If you lock the doors using the plip key and then give the car a good shake the alarm should activate. On my Lag I also have what looks like a small microphone at the bottom of the drivers side windscreen which is, I believe, a motion sensor.
Regards Leroy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ah so it dosnt activate from key locking it, as my fob batteries are flat gotta get some today, i think theres a motion censor beside the sunroof opener switch

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
ah so it dosnt activate from key locking it, as my fob batteries are flat gotta get some today, i think theres a motion censor beside the sunroof opener switch
I'm still of the opinion that there is no alarm in your model. The sensor you are talking about is probably the I.R.Receiver, if it's like a black globe type thing.

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi again , the sensor by the sunroof switch is the receiver for the key signal, the batteries in the key have a shelf life of about 2 years, it may be possible that you only have an immobilisor fitted, I was under the impression that the rxe models had an alarm as standard but I've just had a quick check and some do and some don't, still you should find out when you get your new batteries for the key, make a note as to which way round they fit before changing them as I put mine in the wrong way round when I first changed mine,
Regards leroy

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Stunning Renaults mate, thought id never drive anything else apart from a Vauxhall, much more comfy though these are

1 - 16 of 16 Posts