Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all,

how do you breath life into a flat battery?

Not in my Scenic but in the Fiesta I'm trying to sell. I've left it for a couple of months as was busy with new baby/accident/stress of job/moving home etc and now when I come to sell it the battery is flat. It did jump start ok using my trusty Scenic but I stalled it and as it was late I gave up and decided to charge it.

The charger now says it is too low to charge. :steam:

Any advice or even where to get a cheap car battery in the Glasgow area?

Ta.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
HI all,

how do you breath life into a flat battery?

Not in my Scenic but in the Fiesta I'm trying to sell. I've left it for a couple of months as was busy with new baby/accident/stress of job/moving home etc and now when I come to sell it the battery is flat. It did jump start ok using my trusty Scenic but I stalled it and as it was late I gave up and decided to charge it.

The charger now says it is too low to charge. :steam:

Any advice or even where to get a cheap car battery in the Glasgow area?

Ta.
Hi not from Glasgow but iam in Scotland i would try your local breakers yard for a battery but it may also need charged i would say that yours has just gave up the ghost hope this helps

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
If the battery is just low on charge,then just jump start the car and leave it running for half an hour or so.The alternator will charge the battery and it should keep it's charge if started and run regularly.If the battery still doesn't keep it's charge,then it's fubar'd and you need to invest in a new one.Cheap batteries are available for around £25,but they don't tend to last too long,although if the car is for sale,it won't matter!.:)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers, did just that and the charger at least said it had enough to start charging. Left it for 24hrs at least even after it had reported 100% charged. Not convinced it will hold the charge as the little indicator on the top hasn't got the little green disc. Will try it in the car later this week when i get the chance.

Haven't found a £25 battery yet though, cheapest was £37. I know it doesn't seem much but more than is in the bank at the moment. :( Curse the end of the month.

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts