Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Renault Fluence Dynamique 1.5 dCi 110 Automatic

I bought my Fluence a few months ago and I have to say it's been an experience so far.

I'll start with the smallest issue first.

Has anyone else on here come across the AC/Heater Fan coming on when you plug your phone into the Cigar Lighter Socket via a Phone Charging Adapter ?
The lower the charge is on the battery in the phone, the longer the Fan stays blowing. I haven't timed how long it stays running for, but I know that if the phone's battery is at 99% the Fan stays on for a few seconds and if it's at say 30% the Fan runs for several minutes. This happens even if you have the Fan turned to OFF on the console and the engine is not running.
I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this or is there a problem with just my particular electrical system. I'd like to have an answer to this before I contact the Renault garage that I bought the car from so they can't try to fob me off with some lame excuse as to why it's happening.

Thanks in advance

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,696 Posts
Sounds like someone has broken into the resistor wiring to power the ciggy lighter...

But just a guess here,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it appears that I'm the only one who's come across this problem so I guess it's time to take it up with the Renault Dealer and hope that they have a fix for it.

Thanks to ours2012 for the input.

If they solve the snag I'll post what the solution was back on here.

Thanks All

1 - 3 of 3 Posts