Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Looking at purchasing a used MK4 clio, spotted a decent deal but thought to ask for advice so I can haggle down a little bit.

One of the front fog lights looks like it's fallen through into the bumper - Any idea on the cost of getting that sorted?
Doesn't seem like a major issue, surely it'd just be the case of removing the bumper then reattaching it? The seller has registered the vehicle as off the road after getting a new lease, hence them not fixing it.

Any thoughts?
Cheers!

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,555 Posts
it all depends on whats happened, if its been pushed in by someones swinging boot, the plastic lugs on the back of the bumper the fog light screws into may have all snapped and then its a case of a new bumper, or new fog light, if its just been removed and not replaced and everything is intact then its just a case of bumper off, reattach the fog light and bumper back on again, you will have to check the hole where the foglight fits

you can see how they fit from the above pictures on the MKIV

·
Premium Member
Grand Scenic 1.6 2007
4,010 Posts
What he said. These plasticky things never seem to want to go back together. Look at them sideways and something breaks.

·
Premium Member
51 plate Laguna 2 1.6
1,961 Posts
Is there not an access plate underneath the lamps like on the Laguna? If not, hot glue may do the job if the clips are broken. Anyway I'd be trying to get a few tenners off if the owner doesn't want to fix it themselves.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts