Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
just got a laguna T reg, cant get the front fog lights to come on. No volts at spots, fuse ok, back fog works ok. Can only find one position on stork wicht turns back fog on.also got abs light on, plus service light. the laguna has just had a new engine fitted, if any one out there can help please,please reply,

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
If the car's meant to have fogs then you should have the three position swtich: Off/front/front & rear. It sounds like a previous owner has either fitted the fog lights and not bothered to wire them up, or has sourced a replacement bumper from a car with fog lights and just left them in there.

It'd theoretcially possible to get them working if you buy the 3 position switch, but one of our members tried it a while back and had to resort to dealer assistance to actually get them working. Even with all of the switches, relays and fuses in place, they just didn't want to work. If you're going to wire them up, then I'd just add another switch somewhere on the dash and wire them to the battery via a relay switched from the side-light circuit, much as you would if you were buying an after-fit fog light kit from Halfords.

The Serv light is probably related to the ABS fault (though not guaranteed.) With a bit of luck, it's just a faulty or even dirty sensor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If the car's meant to have fogs then you should have the three position swtich: Off/front/front & rear. It sounds like a previous owner has either fitted the fog lights and not bothered to wire them up, or has sourced a replacement bumper from a car with fog lights and just left them in there.

It'd theoretcially possible to get them working if you buy the 3 position switch, but one of our members tried it a while back and had to resort to dealer assistance to actually get them working. Even with all of the switches, relays and fuses in place, they just didn't want to work. If you're going to wire them up, then I'd just add another switch somewhere on the dash and wire them to the battery via a relay switched from the side-light circuit, much as you would if you were buying an after-fit fog light kit from Halfords.

The Serv light is probably related to the ABS fault (though not guaranteed.) With a bit of luck, it's just a faulty or even dirty sensor.
How do I remove my front fog lights on my P reg Laguna 2.0RT Estate ? do they come out forwards, or do I have to go in from the rear/underneath?
Neither are working, checked fuse - okay, rear fogs work - factory fitted not added on..thanks !

P

·
0 Posts
Try this thread :)

I'm going to remove you thread in engines, we find asking a question twice causes disjointed answers and becomes confusing

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
5,253 Posts
the lag1 phase1(93-98) has different fog lights to the phase2/3(98-00).
the most common problem is the vibration from pot holes kills the bulb elements.

undo the T15 torx screw holding the triangular black plastic cover on. (there are 2 on here, one is for the beam adjuster the other is the cover retainer) then undo the (now visible) torx screw that holds the lamps outer frame in.(or you could simply unclip the lamp and remove, (not the recomended way as it may damage the retaining clips. but sometimes the only way as the torx screw thread can get heavily corroded and rot onto the springclip retainer)

there is a grey/black cable that runs along the inside of the bumper that connects to both lamps and to a grey connector on the NearSide, behind the bumper and inner forward inner arch cover. its clipped onto the inner wing just below the retaining bracket for the front bumper.

this grey connector is often the cause of problems as it can get wet, corrode and sometimes burn out!
usually its the cable that has to be replaced to fix this, as this is what gets to burn out.

you should be able to get to the grey connector by taking off the NS inner wing splash guard (x3 10mm bolts), forward corner splash guard(x3 T15 torx) and the NS engine undertray(x3 10mm bolts.) worst case you will have to do both sides to get access to remove the bumper to extract the fog light loom, as it is fed though a number of strengthening brackets along the bottom of the inner bumper.

be carefull when taking the torx/bolts off, they can be corroded and a pain to remove and the removable inner wing bolt retainers can be pretty mashed up(plastic enclosed clip in captive nuts.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts