Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the mirrors are unfolded - the electric ones - the passenger glass seems to stick and has to be worked back round a little at a time to the right position, which is then lost the next time the mirrors fold back. Anyone else come across this? Is it easy to fix? Might it just be the glass has been put back slightly askew...?

Cheers!

ps. Its a Lag II Phase 1

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
That's an odd one, because folding the mirrors in and out should not affect the position of the glass within the mirror.

If they're not the memory mirrors, then this sounds like a short somewhere - power to the folding motor getting to one of the positioning motors. The most likely culprit for that is probably the switch in the driver's door.

If they are the memory mirrors, then my guess is that the car is repositioning the mirrors when you unlock it, and one of the position reporting potentiometers is faulty.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Has the mirror been knocked at all?

The other day some to$$er clipped our mirror as he drove past,too fast & too impatient to wait.
The mirror wasn't damaged but knocked slightly. I just clicked the housing back in its proper place. But the mirror glass had obviously be knocked as it wouldn't move the full movement it normally did. I gently pushed on the mirror as I moved it electrically as far as it would go in one direction and it "clicked" back into place. The mirror glass now moves fully. The mirror glass/ratchet mechanism were obvioulsy knocked slightly out of sync.

Hope you understand what I'm trying to say, you may have a similar problem, in that everytime the mirror folds it moves the glass slightly as its misaligned slightly.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has the mirror been knocked at all?

The other day some to$$er clipped our mirror as he drove past,too fast & too impatient to wait.
The mirror wasn't damaged but knocked slightly. I just clicked the housing back in its proper place. But the mirror glass had obviously be knocked as it wouldn't move the full movement it normally did. I gently pushed on the mirror as I moved it electrically as far as it would go in one direction and it "clicked" back into place. The mirror glass now moves fully. The mirror glass/ratchet mechanism were obvioulsy knocked slightly out of sync.

Hope you understand what I'm trying to say, you may have a similar problem, in that everytime the mirror folds it moves the glass slightly as its misaligned slightly.
Cheers ST that sounds like what is happening. I'll have a poke around...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts