Independent Renault Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be very useful if everyone included the first 7 characters of their VIN number in any technical query.
As this would assist in the correct identification of vehicle type/build/equipage..

ie: VF1BM0G (this identifies as Renault, 5 door Megane with a 1.9DCi engine, and ND0 Gearbox)

This could either be in the message Text or perhaps as part of the signature..

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
Sounds good webby, think it should be included in car details otherwise people will have to keep digging out their V5 everytime they have a problem (which is often for some!)

SB sneaks off to find her V5 ;)

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or it located on the Oval plate in drivers door shut or the bottom left handside of the windscreen.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The first 7 digits are important:

VF1 = manufacturers code = Renault SA
BMOG = identifies build factory, body type, Engine Variant

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
would it be possible for your car to be cloned if the members were to give this info.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
No your vehicle couldn´t be cloned by giving the first 7 of 17 digits.

In any case the complete VIN number is visible to everyone as it it located on the bottom left hand corner of the windscreen anyway..
So a potential crook will note that and the Reg number, then "ring" another vehicle with your details

Reactions: davesss

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Nice one webcode, I reckon it would be a great help, as I've previously posted .. We are not mind readers, esp where its a long running model like the Espace, Clio or Laguna ... the more info the better ...

also like the idea of putting it in the profile

Gets my vote.:)

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Cheers Webcode just put it on my signature.:beer:

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
Just done mine but hopefully it won't be needed.

Great idea from the Master.

Could this be pointed out to new members on joining?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hello Webcode. Please could you tel me the body code for the Megane 2.0dci GT? This is so I can research the possibility of changing my 1.9dci megane to a 2.0dci gt

Thanks

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
27,912 Posts
Hello Webcode. Please could you tel me the body code for the Megane 2.0dci GT? This is so I can research the possibility of changing my 1.9dci megane to a 2.0dci gt

Thanks
Webcode was last active 23rd June 2012 so I wonder if he still reads Renault forums..:idunno: :popcorn:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.