Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been reported that Frank Lampard has turned down a new deal with Chelsea that would have been worth £130,000 a week!.Is this...

A/A sign that he doesn't want to play for Chelsea any more?

or

B/A sign of complete and disgusting greed?

I am rapidly loosing faith in football......:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
I believe you can never be over paid if someone is willing to pay you a huge wage for what you do, But trying to justify to others that you are worth every penny of it is another thing.

There are a lot of very mediocre players in the English game who are paid way over their talent threshold, The clubs created the wage structures which has got totally out of hand in my opinion.

When you take into count all the bonuses etc it's a lot of money, A bonus for winning a game always seemed crazy to me I thought that was ahat the wage was for to do your job ?.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just feel that sports stars,footballers in particular,are in danger of alienated the people who are paying their wages.If no fans turned up to watch them play and no one bought the products that were advertised,then the whole lot would collapse.

I agree that if the money is there to be earnt,then good luck to them,but they shouldn't be surprised if their popularity nose dives if they seem to be greedy and unapprieciative.I personally couldn't live on £130k a week as my wife has expensive tastes.....:rolleyes::d

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
We need sports where we can gather ( even if in front of the telly ) It's our last link to our tribal past ?

The trouble is once you live on £130K a week it does become difficult as you spend your budget so thus need more.

Which is true in all levels of earnings.

Regards

Ottoman

1 - 5 of 5 Posts