Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have renault scenic 2, 05 plate and have moved to Germany!
I have to register my car here as i will be staying for a while.
So to do this i need to change headlamps and rear foglight to the LHD sides.
Headlamps are easy for me as no rewiring needed.
Rear fog light :confused:
The way i figure it is that i just need to find the fog light cable and extend it to reach the other side. However looking at the wiring connectors on the right compared to left they are different in the that the right has 6 connectors and the left only five(although has space for 6, i'm guessing the extra is for the fog light). Also the left tail light cluster has one red section that doesn't get used(i'm figuring i can use this as the foglight) So here is what i intend to do,

cut all cables to the right connector and swap the connector with the left one, and extend the foglight cable to the left.

However what would be really handy is an idea of which cables are for what in those connectors so i can reconnect them properly. Can anyone enlighten me? Or even let me know if they spot a flaw with my plan.

thanks in advance

Craig

R

·
0 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Renault Forums :)

Why do you need to do anything to the rear fog light? :confused: isn't there a fog light on either side?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought that too, however the left fog light doesn't work, i have checked the connector and the fog light doesn't look like its connected. The left connector doesn't even have the contacts for the fog light to connect to, which is why i'm thinking of moving the right connector to the left. I guess renault have reason to do this but not sure what.:crazy:

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Just run a bridging cable from the right hand fog-light to the left side - no reason why you can't have two rear fogs unless the rules in Germany are different. Cut the cable going to the existing fog light and splice a wire in.:)

R

·
0 Posts
Just run a bridging cable from the right hand fog-light to the left side - no reason why you can't have two rear fogs unless the rules in Germany are different. Cut the cable going to the existing fog light and splice a wire in.:)
:iagree:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts