Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed their fog light on a Mk IV Espace?
I have the dreaded broken by a stone offside unit and I need to change it. the local dealer wanted £150 to do this!

can anyone give me step by step instructions? there is not a Haynes manual available for this version
TIA

·
Registered
35 Posts
To change the fog lamp, you need to remove the front bumper.

This is NOT an easy task.

Suggest you let the dealer sort it out. Remember, ring around to get the best price - also, it doesn't have to be a Renault dealer who does it.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
I replaced the nearside one without much problem. :cool:

Remove a small bolt & a self tapper from the underbody plastic panel underneath where the fog light is fitted. Lower panel can be flexed down easily giving access to the fog light.

Fog light held by 2 screws - remove & unit comes out from underneath. Twist out bulb unit & pop into new unit.

15 mins tops?

JJ

·
Registered
3 Posts
I replaced the nearside one without much problem. :cool:

Remove a small bolt & a self tapper from the underbody plastic panel underneath where the fog light is fitted. Lower panel can be flexed down easily giving access to the fog light.

Fog light held by 2 screws - remove & unit comes out from underneath. Twist out bulb unit & pop into new unit.

15 mins tops?

JJ

Thanks guy's for taking time to reply with your ideas i'll be trying to sort the problem tomorrow lol, wish me luck, thanks again
john

·
Registered
58 Posts
Literally just fitted a pair of front fog lamps to mine a few minutes ago lol.

Found the easiest way was to drop out the headlights which are held in by two 10mm spanner size bolts each once there out unplug the multi plugs from the headlights and adjusting motors and move them out the way. Next reach down the back of the number and you will see and feel the back of the fog lights. There held in by 2 torxs screws on each lamp one either side of the lamp think it was t40 or t35 iirc key size. Unscrew these two screws and wiggle the lamp unit out of the bumper. Unplug the multiplug and out it comes. As in the words of mr Haynes refitting is simply a reverse of removal. Oh and bonus for anyone who hasn't got front fog lights and wants to fit some is that the wiring is all there. Just fit the lamps and the right spec of column stalk and it all works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts