Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya guys I?m trying to get my front fog lights to work. I?ve checked both lamps which are ok. I?ve checked the plug behind the bumper which is also ok. When I twist the stalk to switch them on the light on the dashboard comes on too any ideas??

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
When you say checked the plug behind the bumper - have you checked that it's plugged in or that it's got 12v with a multimeter? (If they were recently working, I'm with Thunderbird76, probably the bulbs)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hiya guys I checked the fuse in the glovebox last night which is ok I removed it then switched on the fog lights & even without the fuse in place the dashboard light came on. Both bulbs looked brand new to me when I checked them. I only checked the plug behind the bumper to make it was plugged in didn?t check it for voltage

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
I recommend doing a voltage check with a multimeter. (This is where I'll be corrected by someone with a lot more technical know how than I do - I'm an AV guy not really a car electrics guy!) I think that the dash lights show that the switch has been turned on and aren't a good indicator of whether they are actually working.

·
Premium Member
4,099 Posts
With the fuse out and using a multimeter you can check for continuity (Ohms test) from the output side of the fuse's socket to earth, that will test the lamps and wiring. Just an idea.

EDIT: PS: what you should see is pretty much zero resistance.

HTH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts