Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello !
I have Renault Megane 3 year 2014 with VIN: VF1BZB5T3ER50**** edited for your security

Without telling the whole story ... I have damaged front-left lock during painting the car. I do not know how they did it, but it stopped responding to the key - mechanically, i.e. by turning it in the insert and through the infrared (because the keys are working on infrared...yes..?? if I am wrong, I'm sorry) I open the car from the right side, slide inside and pull the handle left door. Then I go around and enter the car ... (a bit frustrating) I wanted to ask you what you think about it ... Opening the infrared, I hear the characteristic click of THREE locks. Left-front silence! ! After starting and driving a dozen or so meters, the central lock closes all doors. And here, as before, only THREE locks can be heard. After stopping the engine and leaving the car - three doors still closed (attempts to open them from the outside, pulling the door handle - creep on nothing)
I wonder if it is mechanical damage (some part fell) or electrician .. ??
"Professionals" who broke the lock for me (actually it broke in their presence) after a 6-hour fight, that is, an attempt to fix it, gave up and found that it was the fault of the wire - the one inside that pulls the latch of the lock and not the one that pulls knob inside.
I have already bought a lock in Poland and it comming to me with a package that will arrive around the 4th of January. I paid 450 PLN for the last item, because the next ones are already at new prices of 790 PLN, but I wonder what will happen if this new lock will not open the door ...
How to check it ... to exclude electrics and know for sure that it is mechanical damage. or vice versa - exclude mechanical damage and know for certain that it is an electrician. Have any ideas..?
I am asking for help, because maybe before the lock comes to me I should check it with an electrician .. ??

Regards Munder

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
1,612 Posts
I would agree that the lock failure is connected to the bodywork repair, but you should insist that the garage repair the damage. Now you have bought the lock, fitting it and getting it working is your problem as garage will say they have no liability. It is likely that the fault is due to the rod connecting internal door release to the lock has been damaged or not reconnected when the door card was taken off & replaced and this part may not be included in the new lock. I would use an automotive electrician and use his/her bill to try and claim off the garage but I think you have a limited chance of success.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,287 Posts
Are you sure its the lock, and NOT the handle,
Sure the handle has wires running through it, has this plug been put back on ..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts