Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2005 Master Ambulance which has suffered a 'drop' on the front offside, with the wheelarch now touching the wheel. On the last MOT it noted this:

Offside Front Upper Suspension arm ball joint has slight play (5.3.4 (a) (i))

Is this likely to have made the front drop? Can it 'fall out' if it has play? I fix people not vehicles so bit lost here and wondered if this has happened to anyone else as I will need mobile mechanic to come see it and wanted a bit of an idea of what to expect, if that's possible.

Sorry if this is a strange question or not even the right place to ask

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,078 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2005 Master Ambulance which has suffered a 'drop' on the front offside, with the wheelarch now touching the wheel. On the last MOT it noted this:

Offside Front Upper Suspension arm ball joint has slight play (5.3.4 (a) (i))

Is this likely to have made the front drop? Can it 'fall out' if it has play? I fix people not vehicles so bit lost here and wondered if this has happened to anyone else as I will need mobile mechanic to come see it and wanted a bit of an idea of what to expect, if that's possible.

Sorry if this is a strange question or not even the right place to ask
Have actually known the peg in a joint to snap and pull out..mind you it was excessively worn in my case and didn't get through scruterner's test on my grass track car..also check to see if you have a snapped spring..that is not uncommon on many vehicles now..dont make them like they used to..

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,741 Posts
Slight play would not do it.
Broken may but usually means whole hub/wheel tips..quite noticeable.
Broken spring would be my guess as well.

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
+3 for bust spring. Seem to have to do these every MOT on at least one of the fleet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts