Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father in law was a bit heavy handed and pulled off the inside passenger door handle. I have bought a new one from renault but there is nothing to screw it to. It looks like what ever was there to hold the handle on has fallen into the door. I have tried to remove inside panel to have a look but can't work out how it comes off. any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum iam not that sure about the Clio but all the way round the door panel will be pop in studs that if the panel is pulled away from the door itself they will pop out but do watch as sometimes they will break but are pence to replace.There will also be screws around the speakers if it has got speakers and around the handle area there might be hidden screws to be taken out and some my be hidden by caps, once you have done this and pulled out the panel studs push the panel up wards and it should come away from the door if there are electric windows and speakers watch as there will be wires that will need to be pulled apart by the connector i hope this helps all the best Donald.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. This forum is superb. I will give it a go tomorrow and see how I get on. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Final update. I took off the door panel but I didn't need to. I needed a little pastic bit which cost £1.03 from Renault and job done. Thank you for your advice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts