Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as is typical for the clio the front seat runners have gone. I have managed to buy some used ones from another car which look fine and dandy and wondered if it was a biggy to do it myself.
Now I am pretty good at working things out and have a whole bunch of tools ready at my side, I now just need the know-how.
I imagine it will be getting under the car somehow (not easy with my chest) and whipping off the nuts and replacing everything once that is removed!
So how do I do the cable thingy, and how do I unattach and reattach the seat to the top of the runner?? or for safety's sake should I just get them to do it at the workshop where they are really sweet and don't over charge me!!
Sorry to all women out there who are cringing at my post......I am butch really!!!! And excellent at DIY!

Kerry ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow normally I get good responses from you guys but I guess you are on holiday or busy earning a living!!!
:yawn:

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Sorry, you've had no replies yankee, not one I've ever tried. I think the 2 inner bolts are under the car while the 2 outer bolts are from inside.

Thats as far as I know. What type of Clio, age and 3/5 door?

Oh the other thing that comes to mind is beware the pretensioners / airbag wires under the seats, they are connected under the seat by plugs but it may be worth disconecting the battery to avoid accidental operation.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Chris, Glad someone replied at least. The car is a 3 dr 1999. I think the actual mechanim would be relatively easy to move but I was concerned about airbags (if there are any!) and also the cables.
:eek:

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
hi yankeegal, under the car will be the nuts to remove the seat. 2 of them are situated behind circular rubber bungs jus behind the sills. and the other 2 are next to the exhaust and you will see them through cut outs. then once seat is removed you will need to diconnect the connector under seat if you have pretensioners. (if you do have pretensioners then please make sure ignition is OFF, and key out of igniton and you have let the capacitors discharge) then all that will be holding the runners on is 4-6 t30 or t40 bolts that r easy to get to. is not a big job and very straightforward. hope this helps :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys I appreciate you getting back to me. I will pass on this info and see if me and my sis can have a go!!!!
Cheers x

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE FOR Y'ALL!!!!!

Thanks for the info guys. Once I had read that there was other things involved (eg airbags) I decided to take it down to my trusty mechanic. I managed to pick up a pair if runners off Ebay for 30 quid (inc P & P) and got it all sorted today. Junior mechanic had only picked up my car half an hour before so when I got the message that the car was on the way back to me I figured I had got the wrong ones. Turned out it only took him ten minutes to fix and he didn't charge me !! what a fab guy huh!!! So thanks a lot guys.

P.s I did pass on the info you had given me just in case though!!

Kerry
xx

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sure was Chris....I will say though that this forum has been a God send since joining. I may not be on every two minutes but I do check in from time to time and have had some helpful hints. I have also tried and helped others if they have anything similar to what has happened to me in the past....but then that is what the forum is for.........

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Sure was Chris....I will say though that this forum has been a God send since joining. I may not be on every two minutes but I do check in from time to time and have had some helpful hints. I have also tried and helped others if they have anything similar to what has happened to me in the past....but then that is what the forum is for.........
Certainly is

1 - 12 of 12 Posts