Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon all,

Earlier this week I went to my renault clio 1.2 only to find that some b*stard had stolen my front passenger side wheel and left the car on blocks!! After putting the spare on and investing in some locking wheel nuts I am now without a wheel, can anyone recommend a good place to purchase a new wheel without spending a fortune? Thanks for your help

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
:eek:

Robbing sods, makes you sick doesnt it. :mad:

Probably best to either look on ebay or try a local breakers / scrap yard for a replacement.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Didn't know those scenarios still existed.

I'd say your car was targeted because someone out there had a damaged wheel and wanted another F.O.C. (otherwise, they would all have been removed).

Your best bet is to use online breakers, ebay, gumtree.

If you need to search outside your own area (you won't want to travel far in case of a puncture), you can get courier quotes from www.shiply.com (a service I have used myself on many ocassions).

Hope you get it sorted out at minimal cost & hassle.

HTH

Paul

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So my tyre size (at least is says so on the tyre) are 175/67r/1482/h (or something like that). Are renault clio wheels generic or would i need to get a particular one?

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
175/65 x 14 82H is the tyre size/speed & load rating.

There are many different designs & sizes of renault wheel, I'd suggest posting a picture so that someone may be able to tell you that particular design's name.

HTH

Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts