Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just relaced the fuel filler lock motor on my 02 plate Laguna ST and thought I'd share my experience.

The original unit started to make a loud grinding noise when locking. When I took a look at it the manual release 'ring pull' had sheared off inside the mechanism (as described else where here; thanks).

This what the old unit looks like.
IMGP1547.jpg

Removal / Replacement
The unit is accessed via the rear light cluster panel in the boot. However, it is mounted on the bullkhead that goes into the rear wheel arch. The single mounting point is a nut on the spindle.

To remove, remove rear wheel and support. Remove the rear wheel arch liner. This is held in place by 3 screw, two nuts and two plastic pins.

Once removed the nut holding the locking motor can be removed easily.

The replacement item was £25 from Renault which I didn't think was too bad. They have redesigned it.
IMGP1549.jpg

The thread is now metal rather than plastic and the manual lever is not a 'ring pull' any more. I hope they have changed the internal design to strengthen it.

Hope this helps,

Ian

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys newbie Here

Filler lock just started to play up researched and came across you guys fantaistic to find quick solution!
Just for any more with the problem the part number is
8200305732 Renault Solenoid mostly next day

·
Registered
57 Posts
Filler lock just started to play up researched and came across you guys fantaistic to find quick solution!
Just for any more with the problem the part number is
8200305732 Renault Solenoid mostly next day
Thanks for this advice, will have a go at replacing mine.. thankfully I have 90 mile of fuel left in.
Just replace the drivers door lock a few weeks ago.. £123. Now this bugger. Is this the slippery slope? 95,000 mile, 03 Laguna.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have just relaced the fuel filler lock motor on my 02 plate Laguna ST and thought I'd share my experience.

The original unit started to make a loud grinding noise when locking. When I took a look at it the manual release 'ring pull' had sheared off inside the mechanism (as described else where here; thanks).

This what the old unit looks like.
View attachment 5945

Removal / Replacement
The unit is accessed via the rear light cluster panel in the boot. However, it is mounted on the bullkhead that goes into the rear wheel arch. The single mounting point is a nut on the spindle.

To remove, remove rear wheel and support. Remove the rear wheel arch liner. This is held in place by 3 screw, two nuts and two plastic pins.

Once removed the nut holding the locking motor can be removed easily.

The replacement item was £25 from Renault which I didn't think was too bad. They have redesigned it.
View attachment 5946

The thread is now metal rather than plastic and the manual lever is not a 'ring pull' any more. I hope they have changed the internal design to strengthen it.

Hope this helps,

Ian
Thanks for this, my clio has just started to play up.
I will have a go myself now.

Adam :d

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ian

Can you tell me where the 3 screws, two nuts and two plastic pins are to rmove the rear wheel arch liner are there any pictures.

MartMan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts