Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello im new here and hoping somebody can shed some light on my problem please?:) i have a 2006 renault scenic megane and all was well until a recent service where upon my electric windows only opened at about 2inches at a time ( have found on here how to rectify that problem, a very BIG thanks!! ) and my fuel gauge seems to be stuck on 3 notches but my miles range is counting down, any suggestions pls as its driving me crazy? :crazy: or could it fix itself when i refuel perhaps?
thanks heidi

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi heidi, did you get the fuel gauge problem sorted? We have the same issue with our 56 plate recently puchased Megane Scenic. Fuel guage gives wrong reading. Just tryong to find out what the problem could be?
Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a similar problem with the guage on my 2005 1.6 petrol scenic. My guage shows empty all the time, and has done for the past few day's. I have topped up the fuel a couple of times since and still no response from the guage! Any idea's would be appreciated. Thank's Peter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I looked elsewhere on the forum and there was varying advice which included doing a dahboard test by holding down the button at teh end of the windscreenwasher stalk while starting the car; and disconnectinga nd reconnecting the battery. I tried both.

It actually solved another issue I had where an electric window had stopped working. It moved the gauge from where it was stuck at 3/4 to Full, but now its not moved from there for a week! So at least I know now its an electrical issue. I'll probbaly take it to an auto-electrician who knows Renaults to get that looked at now as I've not seen any solutions I could fix myself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi all
I have issue with the my range which I tend to use as a indication of how much fuel I have left rather than the gauge .
I had a job done at a independent garage last week and when I got it back all clocks had been reset now the gauge seems to be correct but range is currently on 140 miles in tank and tank is around 75% full so I would expect to read around 300 miles any ideas how I could realign this ??
as garage is now shut for the weekend and is bugging me

·
Super Moderator
9,207 Posts
I guess that is because it hasn't got accurate consumption figures, since the battery was disconnected. The range is calculated on quantity of juice times average MPG. My Scenic reckons I have 560 miles left as the MPG reads 44.8 ATM. As soon as it gets in traffic, it will be back to 38 MPG & the range will drop.
I would brim the tank, reset everything, then see what it reads.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, I'm very new to this forum but think its great. I have brought a renault grand scenic 2005 petrol. My fuel gauge is showing 1 bar and my windows move up and down about an inch each time. I have checked the sender unit with a ohm meter which shows different resistances when I move the float. Please help any suggestion would be great. :confused:

·
Banned
18,659 Posts
Ray123

The windows probably just need resetting

Get all of the windows back to the top of their travel eg fully closed.

Using both front window switches Pull upwards & hold them there for around 8-10 seconds.

Hopefully that should sort one problem out :)

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
hello it could be your float in your fuel tank they can sometimes stick you could try and fill your tank with an extra say 20 quid and see if it shifts it you are only going to use the fuel anyway but it may solve a prob before you pay an auto spark his fee might work hope this helps

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.