Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi and help,

I have a 1.9dci mk II Laguna, great car but.... all is fine on start up but after about 30mins particularly on motorways the amber fuel inj light comes on with the back seat driver warning voice, i pull over turn off the engine turn it back on and hey presto all is well.
Occasionly this also happens on normal roads, i do the same thing , engine off then on and again all is ok , Renault dealerships frighten me as i have been hammered before on other cars and not allways found the problem , has anyone got any ideas before i surrender to the dealerships,

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi ,

The mesage is " fuel injection fault contact you renault dealer "

The car sometimes looses power, but other times it is ok or just a loss of power on pull away but then picks up ok ,

Cheers :eek:

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
hi mate, this could be easy or hard to fix, im dealing with a movano basically a master with similar problems only shell be fine for months the shell lose power thow eml on turn it off restart ok itl do it again with 2min do the same again and then itl drive fine for months again, each time it has given a different fault code!
depending how long this has been going on for id say you have probably got either an airflowfault, or the pressure reg sensor is playing about, unfortunatly you need to have the computer interogated to see what codes are coming up!
call your renault dealer, and heres a tip for anyone who watches this, ask them for the cost to carry out a dig check with clip on you fuel injection, the book time for that is 0.3 of an hour thats just to plug it on print the codes listed and clear the codes then ask for the print out f the codes.
you havent asked for a diag or a repair only to carry the clip test on 1 computer
id like to see what they say if they refuse make a complaint to customer services
good luck colin

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Big show,

Sounds like the same thing, i was getting a little concerned the turbo was at fault as these dci's seem to have turbo problems but your suggestion may well be the right direction ,

Cheers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
A very similar problem has happened (7 days ago)on my 2003 2.2dCi.

It seems that the car has to be at full working temperature and accelerating hard(ish). If I drive very carefully I can keep the warning light off for a while, but if not it comes on after about 7 miles, quicker if the car is already warm.I then loose power as the Warning light comes on. This happens every time I drive it.

I'm fairly sure it is a Fuel injection sensor fault but I am unsure which one! I also am loathe to take it to Renault as I have been bitten by the Salisbury Branch once. But will try another branch if need be. First I want to get a technical manual so I can check resistances through the sensors.

If you get any joy with curing it please post the cure (for yours) on this thread and I will do the same for my cure.
GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Taff,
seems like a simaler problem, mine is ok generally around town but on the motorway it comes on after about half hour, if i get it sorted i will post the fix here,

Cheers B.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've stripped out my EGR Valve and cleaned it up, as that seemed to be a common cause (according to the treads that I've read) but had no joy, but the valve didn't seem to be stuck shut as I got it out, so i wasn't holding my breath.

Still looking for the answer!!!!!

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
hi toby, before you go in to deep with the dealership ask them firstly how much they will charge for just carrying out a clip test!should be around £30 and ask for the print out, then post them so we can see what the fault codes are! dont ask for diag tests!
good luck
bigshow

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi All,
Just to let you konow had the fault codes checked, and guess what , no codes recorded, so still none the wiser,but the mechanic suggested that the EGR valve be replaced or cleaned as that may be the problem, watch this space !!

cheers, B

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had the same problem (fixed) on mine recently though it is on a 2l petrol.

The Fuel Pressure Sensor was replaced which fixed it up nicely:) £165 with labour from my mech.

I did however get a different fault a few weeks later that brought the 'fuel injection' message though this time it was a different code and the car wouldn't start at all. The fuel pressure regulator was replaced which fixed this fault. (£175).

Hope this is of some use.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts