Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted this already, attached to another of my threads about an odd noise, but I think this deserves a thread of it's own.:rolleyes:

On the way home I slowly went over some sleeping policemen and another noise revealed itself on my Scenic mkII.

As the car clears the bumps, there is a weird, fast rotational scraping noise. It's not linked to engine or car speed, but unless your going about 10mph there is too much ambient noise to hear it.

Sounds like a load of rice rolling around in a plastic tube thats being quickly rolled along or a small electric motor or pump operating. It a definite but quiet noise, exactly the same each time and lasts for about 2 seconds each time.
It sounds like it's coming from in front of the driver somewhere.

I can really say that I have never owned a car that confuses, perplexes or ****es me off as much this one.

If anybody has any clue about all this noise, let me know?

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
Dangerous thing listening out for odd noises that your car makes - it kinda makes you paranoid (not that Im saying you are being).

I do it all the time tbh, which aint a good thing and am trying to kick the habit. My solution is to drive with the radio turned up loud enough as you dont hear those noises ! :rofl:

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Pat, no it doesn't- why?

I have never heard it before and just can't figure out what it is or where it's coming from or why it should happen suddenly.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The cars with climate have a little fan to blow air over a sensor....it's in the rear view mirror on some, not sure about the scenic's

I’m not sure if standard aircon uses the same system, but I don’t think it does

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah OK, I don't think it is coming from the mirror.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts