Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After trying to replace an electric window switch, the rear window (both) have stopped working. Acroding to the Haynes manual the fuse is in fuse box 2 Where is it??

This is a Laguna 2002.

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
After trying to replace an electric window switch, the rear window (both) have stopped working. Acroding to the Haynes manual the fuse is in fuse box 2 Where is it??

This is a Laguna 2002.

Hiya debster74 Theres a fuse box hidden in the drivers side of the dash on the 2.2, not sure about the 1.9 tho, this is only visible with the drivers door open, take a look, it might well be in there.

Make sure you don't forget to close the fuse box door, don't until you hear the crunch of plastic when you close the drivers door.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hondo but i have found that fuse box which has the front window fuses in but not the back. That one is aparently fuse box 1 and the rear window fuses is in box 2. I think it says F26 in the Haynes Manual but the only other fuses i can find are under the bonnet but they don't apear to be the ones.

Can anyone help????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Ahhh maybe this wont help a lot, but just looked In my drivers handbook the F/box by the door is identified, (F/box 1) I understand theres also a fuse behind the ash tray. The rest I think are under the bonnet.

If its of any help at all, apparently there's a pici of a rear screen heater by this rear window fuse.

Also this same fuse covers rear screen, steering locking mechanism and front seat, I'm not sure if the latter is position of, or heating of if you have them.

If your steering lock is still working I'd be suspecting the new switch.

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
I dunno if the fuses on the Guna 1.9 are different to the 2.2 but I just looked in the fuse box at the drivers end of the dash, the heated rear screen fuse on mine is definitely in there.

(Colour Red) (10 Amp)
(Left hand bank)
(12 down counting from the top)

I was going to post a pici, but the camera battery is flat, its on charge now I'll post back later.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Hondo, but its not the heated screen its the rear electric windows(both). The switch is definatly ok. i swaped it to the front switch to check, but there are also switches on the rear doors so all i can still guess is a fuse. They was both working fine until i took the main switch out to repace the front electric window switch because it packed in. I've since had the witch back out made sure every thing is ok there and like i said i even swaped the switches over to test they worked and they did.

Please can anyone help. This is driving me mad :steam: :confused: :(

·
Registered
49 Posts
Rear Windows

It sounds to me that you have either pressed the isolator switch on the drivers door to stop the rear windows from working or the switch is jammed or broken.

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Sori about the C*ock up, I dunno why but I thought it was the rear heated screen that was giving you problems.
TBH I don't think this will be much help either. :eek:

I've just removed the top left hand side green 30 amp fuse from my Guna the drivers side window stop working and so did the passenger side rear door. I replaced this fuse and removed the 30 amp green fuse below and got various other windows not working. :confused: :confused:

It all seems totally illogical to me now too, in my drivers handbook it seems to indicate all windows are covered by the top left fuse.

If you haven't done it, which I'm sure you have, I'd checkout all five of those 30 amp fuses.
Sori if this hasn't helped. ..

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
the fuse for your rear windows could also be on the one for your ciggy lighter,there are also fuses located under cover next to the battery,also under the ash tray,if all else fails try removing every fuse and check them,due to the amount of different spec's, the fuses do not always correspond with the handbook.good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found the fuse:) :) :) :)

There is another fuse box on top of the main fuse box that has the fuse for the rear windows and the sunroof. I need ed to take half of the dash board out and take the main fuse box out to get to it. What a stupid place to put a fuse.

Anyway at least its sorted it was driving me mad.

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Nice one debster74, chuffed you got it sorted, I haven't got a clue how you found that. :confused: Not long ago I had a look in my my fuse box, I can see nothing that indicates more fuses.
Thanx for the feedback :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No. Its no where near the ash tray.

The only way you can get to the fuses is by droping the main fuse box down. Then you will see the fuses mounted on top of the main fuse box. They is no way of seeing them or changing them without taking the fuse box out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

I am having trouble finding it. Do you mean by the 'main fuse box' the one to the right of the steering wheel, by the door opening... How are you meant to remove that fuse box? is there any hints / tips you can give me?

Thanks,

Alex

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes its a sod to get out.

there is one screw you should be able to see with the flap open. Unscrew that then the fuse box comes out from under the dash. (it drops down)

Its a bit tight so you have to jig it about a bit. Then the hidden fuses are there on top of the fuse box.

Good luck

1 - 19 of 19 Posts