Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

last week my 98 rxe 2.2 diesel would not go into first with out a fight with or without engine running but all other gears workes and it drove ok
it then cleared its self today it will not go into 2nd ist is no problem but have to try for 2nd which will not engage the up the box as normal
it also seems that neutral has dissapeared and second gear is permantly engaged :confused: :confused:

please somebody help i have not got that much hair left to pull out

·
Registered
10 Posts
hello fire2k, i just replaced the master/slave cylinder on my espace,on its first journey after doing the job the gear change cable broke(dont know the tech name for this part)lol. the gear lever just shifts back and forward and wont engage/disengage any gears.the price for this little beauty is £230 from renault! main dealer part only and it includes gear stick. You cant just buy a cable you have to buy the complete unit which includes gear lever and cable. i cant see any reason why we need to buy the complete unit when just a cable would cure it. if you got any questions or need any help on this feel free to ask.
best of luck rgds olz69

·
Registered
10 Posts
sticky gear changes...

Hi. Had very similar probs as you but then my gear linkage cable broke... Also chack the oil level in the gearbox as this is critical for smooth gear changes. Sounds like could be stretched cables or maybe the clutch has lost some fluid. The clutch is a "sealed for life non adjustable hydrolic clutch" not a cable operated clutch so expensive between 200 and 300 pounds. I had to pay £260 for cables and gear changer from main dealer as could not find second hand parts.

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
We got ours back yesterday... new master, new slave and new clutch kit, and a new sensor of some sort.... gear change is beautiful again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts