Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have an imported magane from Germany, I believe the model is from 2000. Now the gearbox have gone bad and I have to replace it.
The shop tells me the gearbox number is AD4-013 wich is quite rare here in sweden. However I found a car with a gearbox that you can only see the AD4 on and not the numbers, however the car is just the same as my car with the k7m engine.
What would my chances be that this box would fit?
Also when I talked to a company that only renovates automatic gearboxes, they told me that the number I have on my gearbox isnt the correct one. (They said that it have to start with DPO, JC5 or JC7) Is this also true or is it maby just because the box is rare and comes from germany?
Im really thankful for any advice I can get!

D

·
0 Posts
I would say (dont take as gospel) that the AD4 bit will mean it's physically the same gearbox, as in it will fit, but the other numbers could mean the 'insides' are different. Maybe diffent gearing in it or something?
If it's from the same model and same engine code, i'd be tempted to go for it! Just check all the sensors and things are in the same place

·
La sola lupo
2,521 Posts
Hi, I have an imported magane from Germany, I believe the model is from 2000. Now the gearbox have gone bad and I have to replace it.
The shop tells me the gearbox number is AD4-013 wich is quite rare here in sweden. However I found a car with a gearbox that you can only see the AD4 on and not the numbers, however the car is just the same as my car with the k7m engine.
What would my chances be that this box would fit?
Also when I talked to a company that only renovates automatic gearboxes, they told me that the number I have on my gearbox isnt the correct one. (They said that it have to start with DPO, JC5 or JC7) Is this also true or is it maby just because the box is rare and comes from germany?
Im really thankful for any advice I can get!
JC5 and JC7 is manual gearboxes

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
The AD4 relates to the early auto box, not normally found on a 2000 model, a dp0 box will not fit as it is more computer controlled, Renault chassis number should show what box is fitted from factory, any dealer should be able to give you ICM information. The boxes where rubbish so good luck finding a new one,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts