Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, everybody can anybody tell me where i can buy tranself trp 75w 80w gearbox oil for laguna 1.9dci as the dealer seems a bit unsure when asked , or is there is an alternitive oil ,i dont know wether the dealer wants to do the job them selfs rather than me .does anybody know if total 75w 80w gearbox oil for peugoets is the same, as total and elf seem to be the same company.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
NO NO NO.. You must ONLY use TRP in the PK6 box as it a high pressure mix..

Bog standard 75W80 will not help this weak gearbox's longevity..

All Renault dealers should hold it in stock but it is not cheap...

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Oh and one other very very important bit of advice..

The PK6 is refilled via the hole on the front of the casing.. However with most other renault boxes you fill until the oil "overflows" through this fill hole..

But the PK6 is different.. It is filled via the same hole but NOT until it overflows!!! It takes a MAXIMUM of 2.4 litres (+/- 0.15) of TRP..

DO NOT fill any more than that or the box will go bang..

Reactions: ottoman

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Vital piece of information here, Need to file this away for future reference.

Thanks for the info Webcode.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
87 Posts
Oh and one other very very important bit of advice..

The PK6 is refilled via the hole on the front of the casing.. However with most other renault boxes you fill until the oil "overflows" through this fill hole..

But the PK6 is different.. It is filled via the same hole but NOT until it overflows!!! It takes a MAXIMUM of 2.4 litres (+/- 0.15) of TRP..

DO NOT fill any more than that or the box will go bang..
ive got the renault data sheets and for the dci pk6, lists has oil level 2.2 litres and not 2.4, there is also data on how to make your own dip stick for this gearbox which is usefull

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
I can confirm that it is 2.4 litres as per the Renault Gearbox "technical note" dated June 2006 and is confirmed by using the Renault dipstick and that I have had to refill them dozens of times..

The PK6 box is also used in the Vel Satis, Espace IV & Master.. The Master is 2.7l the others are again 2.4l.

·
Registered
87 Posts

can u post up the full details cos the renault pdf for that gearbox pk6 clearly says 2.2 litre on my spec it also on the dipstick picture states minimum 2.05 litre and maximum of 2.35 litre and i confirmed this with my local renault regvardy dealer last week when i took out the pk6 gearbox from my 04 reg laguna stripped the gearbox and replaced a knacked tapper bearing, rebuilt and replaced the trp oil upto a level of 2.2 litre, if the details they have given me are wrong and the 2005 pdf laguna file i have is wrong can you email me your latest pdf

YouSwap.com - Free Online File Storage, Share Files, Access Documents & Files Anywhere, Internet File Sharing, Backup Data

1 - 10 of 10 Posts