Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dos any one know how to get a nut of that as rounded off
iv empted the gearbox fluid to renew its taken me 4 hours to put 250ml in to day from the back end of the gearbox
now told its quicker to do it from the leveler on the left side of the gear box but the nut as rounded off or should i take it my local garage whitch is only down the road but concerd
about not having mutch oil in gearbox any advice
thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
There are a few options depending on available access and how rounded the fastener is.

If it is not too rounded but the spanner/socket is slipping then put some course valve grinding paste onto the mating surfaces of the spanner/socket and try again, making sure you are squarely positioned on the fastener. The paste makes the spanner/socket fit a bit better.

If this does not work and you have enough access then try bashing an old socket of the next size down (could be imperial) onto the fastener.

Alternatively, if it is a nut then most motor factors will stock nut splitters which are easy to use and cheap to buy.

As a last resort I've welded an old spanner onto the fastener.

A bit of heat never goes a miss to try and free things. You also have to consider why it is rounded in the first place. Poor use of tools, over tightened at some time or corroded in place. If it's tigh t due to corrosion then clean it, heat it and lubricate.

Hope one of these helps

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update

hi thanks for your re ply still could not remove bolt so at to fill it up from the reverse nut on the gearbox only took 20mins in stead of 7 hours never again thanks
but gears are still the same so il have to try adjusting the clutch cable thanks to all

1 - 3 of 3 Posts