Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, long time reader first time poster, ok so as the title says Im pickin it up tomorrow , but my Q is this the model im gettin has the comfort pack fitted , can anyone tell me what Im actually gettin , twin sunroof and leccy mirrors aside, and also my insurance company asked me if there was any modifications made to the car , does the comfort pack count , and if it does what spec do i tell my insurance company about........................thanks everybody , roll on tomorrow:p

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
When i got my Scenic, I specified various things ie cruise control, centre console, alloy wheels etc...I contacted the insurance company and they said that it was not modifications as it was factory built. Hope that helps

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums Slimpknz.

A bit late for asking questions about spec now, They should have been put to your Dealer prior to purchase.

Factory fitted options should not make a difference to your insurance.

Enjoy your car.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi asterix , thanks for the reply this deal seems to be gettin better and better but can you or anybody else detail or link to what exactly the comfort pack is, I've googled and all i get back is cars for sale with this fitted but no real details

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh my god a fellow scotsman on this forum, I like it and your right about the dealer , I did ask Questions but remembering the answers after you just parted company with alot of money ( tight fisted scot.....is there any other kind ) is a different matter. Although i think Asterix has answered the main Question about insurance details the rest Im just curious about and thanks for the welcome comment ottoman

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Oh my god a fellow scotsman on this forum, I like it and your right about the dealer , I did ask Questions but remembering the answers after you just parted company with alot of money ( tight fisted scot.....is there any other kind ) is a different matter. Although i think Asterix has answered the main Question about insurance details the rest Im just curious about and thanks for the welcome comment ottoman

Hi,

What gave you the impression I'm Scottish :rolleyes:

What spec is your Megane II Expression, Dynamique, Privilige ...., Comfort packs varied at time of sale Renault sometimes included them in various offers, It could range from folding mirrors to cruise control.

What part of Scotland do you live in.

Regards

ottoman

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks chris m , dont think i've ever been made to feel so welcome on any other Forum, thanks again. My old car was a X reg 2.0 Vectra , a faithfull old horse for 4 years but seeing as she was feelin a bit poorly had to let her go, not to mention the Vauxhall Forum ,not a touch on this place :)thanks guys and dolls

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hootsmon , just dont know where I got the idea that you were scottish :) , the spec im gettin is Dynamique ............and where I hail fae is no other than sunny ( and for a change it is actually sunny ) Glesga .........translation for all my non scots speaking chums.....I reside in Glasgow :)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hootsmon , just dont know where I got the idea that you were scottish :) , the spec im gettin is Dynamique ............and where I hail fae is no other than sunny ( and for a change it is actually sunny ) Glesga .........translation for all my non scots speaking chums.....I reside in Glasgow :)

Hope you get some good weather over the next few days to enjoy your Megane, Get the Polish out :) , Let us know how you find life with a diesel .:)

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah Diesel is a first for me , but rising fuel costs and an incentive from Tony Blair regarding Road Tax combined with more mpg could have something to do with my choice , not to mention that gorgeous ¤¤¤¤ the Megane is shakin:devil: , will keep you all posted

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
wouldn't have anything else but an oil burner now, once you have one don't think you will want a petrol mota again. Just my view of course.

Tel

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
yep, sold my BMW M3 to get a diesel will only go back to petrol for a weekend toy now :devil:
hope u enjoy the new motor m8 :d

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well hello again my old muckers , just thought id give you all a quick update , picked the car up on friday night and have had all weekend to play around with her, and i've got to say she hasn't dissapointed ( cars not bad aswell :rofl: ) , perfomance and gizmos aplenty. Obviously its still early days , but really pleased so far:d .

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Well hello again my old muckers , just thought id give you all a quick update , picked the car up on friday night and have had all weekend to play around with her, and i've got to say she hasn't dissapointed ( cars not bad aswell :rofl: ) , perfomance and gizmos aplenty. Obviously its still early days , but really pleased so far:d .

Good to hear you are happy with your new car, Enjoy it don't go looking for problems that are not there.

Regards

Ottoman

1 - 16 of 16 Posts