Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

I really love my S reg Monaco but its the niggles that are really beginning to hack me off. Since buying it in Jan, i've forked out for a new heater matrix, a new battery and now i have a swimming pool in the drivers footwell :steam:

My new mats have been soaked, dried, soaked again.. i feel like putting armbands on em and giving them swimming lessons! :crazy:

Am i the only one who's getting hacked off with the little things? other than that... she's lovely and goes like the wind!:driving: She's lovely to drive and i really enjoy her but its getting to the stage where i never know whats going to go wrong next. :surrender :censored:

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Niggle, niggle, moan

Maybe it's time to put your niggles into perspective. Firstly most heater matrixes fail due to poor maintenance. It is recommended the coolant be changed at least every 2 years as its anti-corrosive properties deteriorate over time. Maybe this wasn’t the case. How old was the battery – life expectancy of a battery is 2-5 years depending on driving style. And your water leak is most likely due to poor maintenance. Have you checked the air intake to your heater (most cars can have a blockage there). It could also be from a leaking aerial or sunroof – there’s plenty of advice in the “interiors" section of this forum. Don’t give up just yet – Good Luck

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
If you really like the car keep it, the problems you have listed could be easily resolved.

If you read through some of the posts you will see some Members have had huge problems with new cars.

Regards

Ottoman

1 - 3 of 3 Posts