Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like this one's actually supposed to be serious, but I couldn't help but post it in the jokes section.

Click to visit page

Classic quote: "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]And while the 'simple' department were making sure it was completely plug and play, the 'gorgeous' department were sprinkling it with flowers and butterflies, and adding a lovely little pouch so it doesn't get damaged in your handbag"

[/SIZE][/FONT]Sat-nav for the girl who loves to be patronised. I think that's going to sell by the truckload.

I wonder how long before they come as standard with the VW New Beetle and Audi TT :p
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
Very nice, but doubt it will sell many, us females do actually stop and ask directions;)

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
I'm an old fashioned girl (in some ways!) and rely on my trustee maps - never got lost yet ;) (apart from in milton keynes, but thats acceptable simply because it has soooooooooo many roundabouts!)

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been lost countless times, even with sat-nav.

The maps are invariably out of date by the time they're published - something that's not helped by town planners who seem to change road layouts on a fairly regular basis for the sheer hell of it.

But I've been lost a lot less since getting sat-nav. I suppose that's a bonus :d.

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
Horatio said:
In other words, I don't just use my car to go to Sainsburys and pick the kids up from school :p
Yep, thats right! School/shopping mums get on my nerves soooooo much :crazy:

I am guilty of going to my local off licence (or offey in scouseland ;)) in my car, but thats usually cos I can't a carry a full crate home :p lol

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Funnily enough, Nottingham was the last place it got me lost. It took me down one dead end, and then had me doing laps of the city centre, including at least one stretch of road that was 'limited access' (whatever that's supposed to mean.)

Back in the days when you used to get duty free on the ferry back from Ireland, myself and two friends literally filled the boot of the Mazda with cans of John Smiths bitter (before I went off the stuff.) You were allowed four trays of 24 cans each, making just short of 300 cans in the boot of the car. All the luggage had to go on the spare seat in the back.

There was a rather nasty clunk as I drove off the ferry as the underside grounded out on the ramp :eek:. It got us home with no other problems though.

49 Posts
A friend and I were meeting up one Sunday afternoon to watch a film, Four Brothers (Cool film by the way), we both had sat navs and had approx the same distance to travel (him in his Beamer and me in my trusty old Astra) Both the sat navs were telling us to turn right into buildings, down one way streets, the wrong way, and into dead ends (They were designed by men obviously) The outcome, as I'm a girlie and asked for directions, and as he's a bloke and didn't ask until he'd drove round Nottingham at least three times, I was standing outside the cinema, waiting for him for at least half an hour. The bonus.....there was a Muscle Man competition in one of the buildings across the road.....so I was entertained ;)

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
iveneverownedarenaultbefore said:
A friend and I were meeting up one Sunday afternoon to watch a film, Four Brothers (Cool film by the way), we both had sat navs and had approx the same distance to travel (him in his Beamer and me in my trusty old Astra) Both the sat navs were telling us to turn right into buildings, down one way streets, the wrong way, and into dead ends (They were designed by men obviously) The outcome, as I'm a girlie and asked for directions, and as he's a bloke and didn't ask until he'd drove round Nottingham at least three times, I was standing outside the cinema, waiting for him for at least half an hour. The bonus.....there was a Muscle Man competition in one of the buildings across the road.....so I was entertained ;)
Where was this competition? ;)

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Not enough big, strong men on here for ya, SB? :p

I suppose our idea of "oiled up and ready for action" involves less baby oil and muscles, and more torque wrenches and Castrol GTX! :d

(or, an AA card in my case)

Do you think this Girlie SatNav has POIs programmed for Next stores, catteries and Places That Appeared In Bridget Jones' Diary?

B

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
Benny said:
Not enough big, strong men on here for ya, SB? :p

I suppose our idea of "oiled up and ready for action" involves less baby oil and muscles, and more torque wrenches and Castrol GTX! :d

(or, an AA card in my case)

Do you think this Girlie SatNav has POIs programmed for Next stores, catteries and Places That Appeared In Bridget Jones' Diary?

B
A man that knows his way around an engine is much more use to me than a egotistical body builder who'll spend more time looking at himself than me :p

Besides, I'd probably find the rough and ready look sexier ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts